Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wouldn't touch it. Imo. But if you feel you want to, drop the pan, make sure to change internal filter (but sure what type of filter is in this one) otherwise don't bother. Cooler line won't do anything but stir up contaminants inside the transmission. In most cases there is also a magnet on the bottom of transmission pan for metal filings and such. Those transmission flush machines do not clean the transmission the sediment will still be in the bottom of transmission. That's a direct comment from a journeyman GM tech

·
Registered
108 Posts
Clutch steels are just that....steel....so to the roller bearings/races, the spiders, the ring, the chain, the sprockets.....you get the drift....lots of ferrous.....and a rather fair amount of shearing takes place.

As far as the process, I can only repeat the stance GM has taken.....and they don't give a breakdown of 'This process is OK and that process isn't'.

As a result, my conclusion is no flushing process that requires the assistance of any machine that must be tapped into the lubrication system of the trans is acceptable.

There was a time I did a annual fluid /filter change.....turbo 350's of the 70's, turbo 700 R4's of the eighties, 4L60's of the nineties.
This was a simple pan drop/filter change/assemble and fill service......never had a trans failure regardless of mileage.

Now, I tend to run with the manufacturer.....leave it alone.

Rob
Lol yeah I'm afraid the days of seeing that red transmission dip stick are a thing of the past. Thanks for your info Rob.

I'm going offthe experience of a dealership stealing my money at Waverly mitsubishi in winnipeg (steer clear of any mitsu dealer there). 7 litres of diaqueen fluid plus labor was just around 1000. This was scheduled maintenance they said. 5000km later transmission piled up. With no previous transmission issues I might add.
Leading to a huge warranty claim. Fraud committed by mitsubishi but I won't go into that. Sal extended warranty is chasing them now.

Sorry kind got off on a rampage. Lol
So that's my view on flushing lol now I drive a cruze!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.