Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
10,712 Posts
Have yet to own a chevy, previous owner of a G6 and Ford Focus. 17 Cruze LS. Who makes cars with a back up camera and wifi but leaves out cruise control!?
LOL GM does on this car since late 2010, named after the function that's missing. There really is no backstory on how that became and still is. Depending on the price paid and the sales promotions, they figure most folks would just pay the $20-$60 more a month and get the next trim up that added a few more items like spare tires and arm rests. So far no one has successfully retrofitted a "Factory Cruise Control" to a Gen 2 Cruze.

Either way, welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
If you can figure this out you'll be the first. Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Have yet to own a chevy, previous owner of a G6 and Ford Focus. 17 Cruze LS. Who makes cars with a back up camera and wifi but leaves out cruise control!?
Welcome to the forum...Congrats (I think) on the new Cruiseless Cruze. Hopefully you knew about that issue BEFORE signing the paperwork (but then again, who would? CC has almost become Standard on everything nowadays).

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome to the forum...Congrats (I think) on the new Cruiseless Cruze. Hopefully you knew about that issue BEFORE signing the paperwork (but then again, who would? CC has almost become Standard on everything nowadays).
In his defence, buying a new car these days you are focused on multiple features to try out in such a short drive. Even if you did your homework, it's easy to tunnel vision the items you seen everyone complain about and miss the obvious things. In the Cruze, I was so fascinated with the MyLink radio and didn't try out the A/C. Come to find out it was undercharged from the factory. Other thing I didn't realise was the hand brake did not hold the car w/o being in gear.

For my current car the biggest complaint was wind noise on freeway and the sales guy turned the radio off for me to listen for it. Little did I know the wind noise was something to happen 6 months into ownership and radio was the thing I should have focused more on. I also went like 3 months in my current car not knowing it had hill hold. The cars I test drove prior to this were the CVT versions so I wouldn't have found out about it on test drive. All I knew is if I rest my foot on the brake and tried to transition to gas to lightly rev I would almost stall. Using the hand brake at the red light instead of holding my foot on the brake pedal eliminated this issue. There is a hold light on the cluster but it doesn't activate.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I totally agree with the tunnel vision thing, cruise control would certainly be an easy oversight. When renting a car, I always ask for CC but it seems like it's becoming redundant these days...even the most basic economy rentals have it standard.

Hoping the OP will find a solution (saw a related post regarding some sort of "ugly stick" thing that GM puts in after the fact).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome! Cruise is one of the first things I look for, considering how much I drive... I had words with my production supervisor once when I realized that the truck we used for road trips had no cruise control (I would actually get foot cramps trying to drive that thing for 250 miles), but the truck the station manager (which rarely left the airport) had it.

That got changed pretty quick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts