Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Can someone please help with my 2010 Chevy cruze, 2L Diesel, 150HP, First generation.

My car would randomly stumble/hesitate when pressing the accelerator after costing, as soon as i touch the accelerator pedal it will have something like a misfire an almost stall.

The check engine light blinks once then quickly goes off, sometimes the glow plug will blink and then go off. Went to the dealer and there are no codes registered in the control module.

If any of you had this issue please share with me. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
First step is to pull the codes from the computer. Have you checked the induction system for leaks or loose hose clamps?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First step is to pull the codes from the computer. Have you checked the induction system for leaks or loose hose clamps?
Thanks for the suggestion, will check the induction pipes.
As for the codes, the check engine light just blinks for a second doesn't stay on enough time for me to read the code.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, will check the induction pipes.
As for the codes, the check engine light just blinks for a second doesn't stay on enough time for me to read the code.
If there is any code it should be in the stored codes.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would look in to the EGR not working correctly or a carboned up throttle body.
I'm thinking EGR if it runs rough or doesn't start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would look in to the EGR not working correctly or a carboned up throttle body.
Thanks, this now sounds logical, since the issue happens when going to hit the accelerator if the throttle body does not open immediately would caus this issue

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, this now sounds logical, since the issue happens when going to hit the accelerator if the throttle body does not open immediately would caus this issue
A diesel does not have a throttle body, its just a butterfly emergency shut off.

My car is currently doing this as well and its on a full diet and a custom tune. No one can tell me what's wrong. I do however get 2 options from the guys I've spoken to, either the crank position sensor or the pump in the fuel tank is going out

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
A diesel does not have a throttle body, its just a butterfly emergency shut off.

My car is currently doing this as well and its on a full diet and a custom tune. No one can tell me what's wrong. I do however get 2 options from the guys I've spoken to, either the crank position sensor or the pump in the fuel tank is going out
It’s used heavily during certain parts of a regen.

In addition the throttle valve can become ‘glitchy’ if the tuner doesn’t know what they are doing. And leaving it unplugged is an all around bad idea.

·
Registered
9 Posts

In addition the throttle valve can become ‘glitchy’ if the tuner doesn’t know what they are doing. And leaving it unplugged is an all around bad idea.
I unplugged mine just to see if that was the issue, still the same problem. My car doesn't do regens, its completely written out of the ecu tune, the car doesn't compensate for a DPF or EGR, DPF is completely removed and EGR partially removed, vacuum lines blanked off and blanked of the actual EGR pipe.

I was reading earlier on another thread about how there was a recall on the EURO version of the cruze for this problem we seem to be experiencing. Will phone the dealers tomorrow and ask if it applies to my car, on the recall I did see my VIN falls into the recall so lets hope

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,372 Posts
I would imagine it's used in cruise control applications as well?

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
I would imagine it's used in cruise control applications as well?
Nope. Not at all

There are some hypothetical cases where the throttle valve could help reduce NOx if for whatever reason we are running leaner than we’re suppose to…. Never seen such behavior.

Many a case where it could help EGR? Nope. Never seen.

Maaaaybe a case where it helps engine shut down? Okay yes. It does do that. Well it tries. I don’t think it helps any.

It stops runaways? Lol no. Maybe it can with the above behavior but since then I discovered Bosch did not code this in. And if they did it did not work. So runaways can still happen.

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
So just the turbo vanes help out with cruise control, not the throttle valve. Interesting.

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Its not a throttle valve, it just helps kill the engine, or its supposed to
It's called the throttle valve. Not necessarily what it does, but that is what it's called.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts