Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

First Plasti Dip Attempt

5406 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Yoshi1904
Well I decided not to wait until the weekend as I am very very impatient (character flaw). I dipped the front bowtie, rear Cruze logo, and the grey dash trim. Next I want to dip the grey on the gear shifter and the gold bow tie on the steering wheel. I think it all went pretty well for my first attempt. My front bowtie I would like glossier so I may be going over it with a few more coats. Here are some pics.

I didn't think I would like the black on black interior but it looks really nice. There are a few rough spots from my rushed work but you really have to examine it to be able to tell. So I don't think I am going to re do the pieces. We will see. I am a fan of plastidop now, this was fun. I love that I can peel it off if I change my mind or make a mistake!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I think it really improves the interior. I was thinking of debadging but wanted to test out the plastidip look. As for the chrome bar, I don't mind it actually so don't think I will be dipping it.

Interior pieces are a breeze to get out. Just use a dash trim tool, take your time and you will be fine. I was hesitant at first but there is no need to be. Lots of tutorials on here which help big time.

Oh and I almost forgot I will be dipping the grey around the dash cluster behind the steering wheel. I almost forgot about it as it is not obvious. I will take better quality pictures once everything is

complete and cleaned properly.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice. I'm also wanting to do the trim pieces around the steering wheel and shift console.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I highly recommend it, it changes the look. Here is my finished job that includes the gear shift and accent around the dash.

Reactions: NickVojvo

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like the black bowtie on the steering wheel... Looks sharp man!
I may have to consider this myself!
Thanks, yeah my favorite part is the blacked out bowtie on the steering wheel as well. Looks much better than the gold.

Reactions: Merc6
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.