Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking it in today for warranty work on the paint. Also having them do the 2shot trunk relay, and look at my rear view mirror. Some days it is loose, others it is fine. Anything else that is "common" that I should look for? Would rather get a few things out of the say all at once.

·
10,713 Posts
Taking it in today for warranty work on the paint. Also having them do the 2shot trunk relay, and look at my rear view mirror. Some days it is loose, others it is fine. Anything else that is "common" that I should look for? Would rather get a few things out of the say all at once.
#PI0924: Intermittent Unwanted Trunk Opening While Vehicle is Parked - (Apr 4, 2013)

There has been more than a few times that my trunk was open when I came outside my house and job. I was able to search this fix for my car.

^Say this. Where you found this info? GM TECH LINK PDF.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#PI0924: Intermittent Unwanted Trunk Opening While Vehicle is Parked - (Apr 4, 2013)

There has been more than a few times that my trunk was open when I came outside my house and job. I was able to search this fix for my car.

^Say this. Where you found this info? GM TECH LINK PDF.

Merc that is the 2shot trunk relay.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello Evofire,

I apologize you are experiencing current issues with your Cruze. Please let us know how your dealership visit goes and if there is anything you would like to further discuss with us. We can be contacted via private message and are here to assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Jackie)
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My only concern is that the paint repair job on the bumpers will not be to my standards. The paint has chipped right at the seam where the bumper meets the quarter panel. The bumper will be off for the repair. I kinda hope they just replace the whole bumper.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My only concern is that the paint repair job on the bumpers will not be to my standards. The paint has chipped right at the seam where the bumper meets the quarter panel. The bumper will be off for the repair. I kinda hope they just replace the whole bumper.
I recently had my local Chevy dealer replace my rear bumper after my wife backed into a concrete post. Like yours, it was chipped at the edge of the bumper (also a huge crack). The paint matched perfectly and I was really impressed. My car is victory red so the paint code is pretty common with a lot of Chevys...

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
When a paint match occurs between body and bumper it is a bit of a miricle.
Look carefully at new cars and more often than not there is always some mismatch.
Two reasons for this....First is, the bumper covers arrive at the assembly plant already painted, so when they actually match the car they are mated to I am somewhat amazed.
Second is, painting plastic parts results in a shade change as opposed to painting steel parts.

Most good body shops alert the customer that the potental exists for a slight shade difference prior to actually performing the work.

BEFORE you get it repaired, look carefully at the match in different light....you likely will pick up on a difference.....its just that we normally don't study a new car for mismatch.....we assume it matches.
But, when it comes out of a paint shop for repair, we tend to study the finish match like never before.

Best of luck,
Rob

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When a paint match occurs between body and bumper it is a bit of a miricle.
Look carefully at new cars and more often than not there is always some mismatch.
Two reasons for this....First is, the bumper covers arrive at the assembly plant already painted, so when they actually match the car they are mated to I am somewhat amazed.
Second is, painting plastic parts results in a shade change as opposed to painting steel parts.

Most good body shops alert the customer that the potental exists for a slight shade difference prior to actually performing the work.

BEFORE you get it repaired, look carefully at the match in different light....you likely will pick up on a difference.....its just that we normally don't study a new car for mismatch.....we assume it matches.
But, when it comes out of a paint shop for repair, we tend to study the finish match like never before.

Best of luck,
Rob
Thanks i am a painter by trade. I am aware of subtle mismatching. My worries are the actual body work that will need to be performed to make the area ready for paint. Kinda sucks to think ill have some sort of filler on a 3 week old car.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Freeway Chevy has already left a bad taste in my mouth. I was originally told my car would be done yesterday. It wasn't, no phone call no nothing. I have been paying attention to my onstar app to make sure they aren't joy riding it. Dropped the car off Monday, no mileage change til Wednesday. Meaning thats when it went to the body shop. Then mileage change at 11 am today. I called the dealer at 130, and was told its not back yet...Called body shop and was told it was dropped off 3 hours ago. Then 3 minutes later the dealership calls me and explains that they are sending it back blaming the body shop for not doing the correct work. Body shop calls me back said the paperwork was written as touch up not complete repaint. And that it was for front bumper not rear. So dealer calls back says the work wasnt done right and that the touch up looked horrible. Body shop explains they didnt even touch up the main areas of concern because they were not on the work order. blah blah blah blah. So long story short, after being told Thursday, I will not have my car now until Tuesday afternoon. Needless to say Freeway will not be getting my business anymore.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow, Evofire, sorry to hear about your experience with Freeway Chevrolet....always thought they were a good dealer...hope they get your Cruze done right..

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
A classic example of what happens when a dealer uses a sublet (body) shop........he said, she said, they said.

Hope the fronr bumper that needed no work meets your satisfaction as well.....jeeeeze, what a circle j......

Rob

·
10,713 Posts
Merc that is the 2shot trunk relay.
My bad, misinterpreted that you was going to tell them about it, not that they were actually going to do it with the body work. Only other thing I can think of was the rear doors alignment and depending on your model, the rear brake drums. Maybe the doors already got done with the body work. If you feel a need to ask a few questions your dealership is not helping you with, PM Chevy Customer Care

Have you received that survey for the dealership yet?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. I am picking the car up in a few hours. The paint work is finally done, and the doors already have the protective tape on them. All in all, I am happy with the body shop, just not with the lack of communication. We will see. I talked to the service manager yesterday, and the body shop manager, and I think things are all straightened out.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its back! bumpers look awesome, cant complain. Freeway (Roger and Tracy) made it right with me. that's all ill say.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts