Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

First Time Doing Autocross [Pics + Vid]!

3929 21
Just yesterday I took place for the first time in an Autocross event right here in Tampa. I had a BLAST!

Notes:
-I was not attending hoping to break any records, I was just having fun
-They required all novices to have an instructor with them on their first run
-I didn't knock over ANY cones or go off course :)
-The day before I put my stock wheels back on so I could burn those tires up instead of my new ones
-The first two runs I left change in the cubby in front of the gear selector and that's what you'll faintly hear
-If you couldn't tell, I like making my car squeal (giggity)
-I may or may not have cursed when I almost went off course
-In the end, I didn't do terribly (I placed 8th from last, haha!)

Without further ado, enjoy :)

Another late night bank selfie

This was definitely a blast and I've already registered for their next session in September :)
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

10,589 Posts
Nope, maybe it's the AG app.

They guy always had his door opened at the end of your runs like Homer Simpson in the beginning if the show in the garage. Looks like you had fun and came close to those cones on the last run.

Sent from my iFail 5s

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weird. My AG app is working. Grr Photobucket!!

But yeah and then his face when they kept moving the grid further and further down to where he ended up moving the cones, I laughed.

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, actually. While I just wanted to hear the tires squeal more, I definitely did at least 3 seconds better with both TC and SC off

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't dip the hubcaps because I was only using them for Autocross. Almost immediately after I put the new wheels back on...in 20 minutes...don't ask me how I did it without any power tools. lol

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The instructor who rode with me said "welcome to your new addiction" before we got in the car...he was pretty right lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.