Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up a white 1LT auto cruze today. what should my first mod be? any thing i should look out for or be aware of? looking forward to browsing the form and learning about the car. i traded my 07 escalade in for it ...lol i know polar opposites but life changes made me do it plus i really liked the car and the gas mileage !! anyway onto some pics!!

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
what fog lights? you have a link to the ones your looking at?
First off Welcome to CruzeTalk. Fog lights were the first thing I put on my car.
I bought the complete fog light kit. it is pretty much plug n play + comes with a new headlight switch to operate the lights. These are if you like the look of stock fog lights:
Amazon.com: 2011-2013 Chevrolet Cruze OEM Complete Fog Lamp Kit by GM 95903470: Automotive or
95248415 2011 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Complete Fog Lamp Kit | eBay

·
Registered
302 Posts
just picked up a white 1LT auto cruze today. what should my first mod be? any thing i should look out for or be aware of? looking forward to browsing the form and learning about the car. i traded my 07 escalade in for it ...lol i know polar opposites but life changes made me do it plus i really liked the car and the gas mileage !! anyway onto some pics!!
Nice Cruze and welcome to the forum! You'll definitely see some fuel savings going from an Escalade to a Cruze lol. I went from a '95 Chevy K1500 with a 5.7L that was lucky to get 10 mpg and a '98 Camaro Z28 with an LS1 that was lucky to get 17 mpg. My Cruze gets 4x what the truck gets and at least double what the Camaro gets. Fog lights is a nice mod on the Cruze's. I really wish that all models had them offered as a factory option because I would've loved to get some for my Diesel. If you are looking for power mods, I believe it is Trifecta that makes a tune for the 1.4T and lots of people seem to like it. By the way, I've only been on this forum for about 6 months, but it is an absolutely fantastic forum. People don't seem to have pointless arguments nor do they criticize you if you ask stupid questions. Personally, I'm not aware of any of the issues with the 1.4T. I think there was a coolant issue or something to that effect, but I'm guessing some other guys on here can help you out with things to watch for. As a side note, a guy in a Facebook group I'm part of has a 2013 Cruze Eco manual with 250,000 miles on it!!!! So obviously they have potential to last a long time haha :) Anyways, enjoy the new car!

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Welcome to CT! Congrats in the new LT!

·
Premium Member
4,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum. All Holden Cruze models come standard with fog lights here even though we don't get much fog. Hope you enjoy the help you will get when you need it as the guys are generous with information on here.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome in from Connecticut, I have the same car as you, only in silver
ive learned a lot by just reading through all the sub forums, I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine.
its too bad about the front license plate, we have to use one in CT, and it spoils the look of the front end, In my opinion

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice Cruze and welcome to the forum! You'll definitely see some fuel savings going from an Escalade to a Cruze lol. I went from a '95 Chevy K1500 with a 5.7L that was lucky to get 10 mpg and a '98 Camaro Z28 with an LS1 that was lucky to get 17 mpg. My Cruze gets 4x what the truck gets and at least double what the Camaro gets. Fog lights is a nice mod on the Cruze's. I really wish that all models had them offered as a factory option because I would've loved to get some for my Diesel. If you are looking for power mods, I believe it is Trifecta that makes a tune for the 1.4T and lots of people seem to like it. By the way, I've only been on this forum for about 6 months, but it is an absolutely fantastic forum. People don't seem to have pointless arguments nor do they criticize you if you ask stupid questions. Personally, I'm not aware of any of the issues with the 1.4T. I think there was a coolant issue or something to that effect, but I'm guessing some other guys on here can help you out with things to watch for. As a side note, a guy in a Facebook group I'm part of has a 2013 Cruze Eco manual with 250,000 miles on it!!!! So obviously they have potential to last a long time haha :) Anyways, enjoy the new car!
i was wondering about the those tunes. seems like allot of people are running it. im definatly going to do some appearance mods right off the bat ( tint, de-badge, tinted tails , paint work , etc..) i was wondering about power / eco mods what are the more popular mods out there? dont know if you saw in the one pic i got a 10 sec ss silverado so im used to go fast lol . . . are there any cheap easy go fast mods for this thing?

First off Welcome to CruzeTalk. Fog lights were the first thing I put on my car.
I bought the complete fog light kit. it is pretty much plug n play + comes with a new headlight switch to operate the lights. These are if you like the look of stock fog lights:
Amazon.com: 2011-2013 Chevrolet Cruze OEM Complete Fog Lamp Kit by GM 95903470: Automotive or
95248415 2011 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Complete Fog Lamp Kit | eBay
those look nice and i bet there is a how 2 on this site too?

·
Registered
42 Posts
i was wondering about the those tunes. seems like allot of people are running it. im definatly going to do some appearance mods right off the bat ( tint, de-badge, tinted tails , paint work , etc..) i was wondering about power / eco mods what are the more popular mods out there? dont know if you saw in the one pic i got a 10 sec ss silverado so im used to go fast lol . . . are there any cheap easy go fast mods for this thing?

those look nice and i bet there is a how 2 on this site too?
Welcome! There sure is a how to library under the technical tab I believe. I've learned a lot from this site and only been here a month!! Great people great info! Those mods your talking about tinting taillights, debadging, all that's in there plus some easy DIY power mods. For sure do the intake res. Delete if u want some extra pickup right out it's worth it! Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.