Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated I just took my first long trip on the road with my BEST 50 mile average being 59.2 mpg at 63-65mph, just trying to see what she could get and on the way back i was doing 67-72mph and got between 47-53mpg. These numbers really blew me away, seeing how there were some small to moderate hills and with the cruise set the car never struggled up the hill. Auto part Technology Font Electronic device Vehicle
Auto part Technology Speedometer Electronic device Vehicle

Over all trip was 450+ miles with 225-250 being on the highway and the rest of the mileage being in the city with red light to red light traffic, over all so far on this tank is 46.8 mpg. This also surprised me!!!! Hope the fuel economy gets better from here.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
The fuel mileage will definitely get better. When mine was new, I was happy to see upper 40's on my daily commute. After about 15,000 miles I now get concerned if my commute doesn't yield 57-62 mpg. I didn't start seeing numbers like you had until way above 10,000 miles.
I know the car got better, but I like to think that me learning to drive it helped some.
Glad that you are enjoying the Diesel.

-Brad

·
Premium Member
4,643 Posts
Nice mileage!

Like Brad said, two things will increase your mileage over time; vehicle break-in and improved driving technique. Since driving technique has such a profound effect on mileage it is difficult to quantify the improvements from break-in, but long highway trips show that difference fairly well. Enjoy, and keep pushing yourself to do better!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm at little over 19,000 miles best 50 is 61.7 mpg. I have driven from Jacksonville, NC to Indianapolis on one tank of fuel and low fuel light still has not come on. Getting ready to drive from NC to IN then to vegas. Gonna keep my luggage low and see if I can manage to reach close to 1000 mile tank.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Congrats.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I'm at little over 19,000 miles best 50 is 61.7 mpg. I have driven from Jacksonville, NC to Indianapolis on one tank of fuel and low fuel light still has not come on. Getting ready to drive from NC to IN then to vegas. Gonna keep my luggage low and see if I can manage to reach close to 1000 mile tank.
Record your fuel consumption (pump measured) and mileage. Post pictures in our HyperCruzer's thread. Good luck and enjoy the drive.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts