Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yeah lol I'm 26 I've never owned a car. I've only driven cars on 4 separate occasions. I have owned trucks and rock crawlers. My last vehicle was a 4 door, long bed, 1 ton. I as of yesterday own a 2012 Chevy Cruze, ltz sport edition is what they called it. We bought it because my husband is a hotshot and we bought him the truck he needed to run loads and two brand new truck payments wasn't ideal while trying to get ahead of business start up costs.

I won't lie I hated the idea of a car, I feel small, smashable and man do they break faster than a truck poor salesman probably got whiplash But I'm honestly just thankful to have a vehicle to begin with and I do honestly like the car! I came here to get ideas on what I can do to it because I can't leave any vehicle I've had alone! First thing I wanna figure out is what's the beefiest tire I can put on it without it rubbing! Hope to learn a lot from you guys and get inspired! Thanks!

Attachments

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You'll really appreciate that car when you get to the gas pump. There's nothing like averaging 30-40 mpg.

Reactions: BU54

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I've heard! I was stoked when my 1 ton was averaging 15-16mpg and this thing averages 26-30? My wallet already is happy lol

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Welcome here and congrats. Consider getting a tune from trifecta. Other mods such as cold air intakes and catless down pipe and mid pipes from ZZP too

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome to the forum, that title sure is click bait worthy! The only time I had that feeling of being squishable was in Texas. Seems like they don't sell trucks w/o some kind of lift kit on them. As for the MPG, you will have to work hard to get a 15-16 mpg out of these cars unless you broke it. On my worst days of having automatic Cruze loaners I never dipped below 28.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. I read the thread title and wanted to ask how you knew your car was a girl? :)

Pop up to Chevrolet Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers and Vans and go to the owners area. Download the 2014 Owners Manual and use the Severe Service schedule from that manual as your maintenance schedule. For tires, take a look at tirerack.com for sizing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts