Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Leech Lake for a week next month. Can't wait!! Going to hit the Pike/Walleye/Bass hard. Any Cruzer's in or around Leech Lake?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Not me but it sounds like a great time!! Make sure you give us a full report with plenty of pics!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Even farther north than Bemidji, we will be camping up by Lake Vermillion this weekend. The Cruze won't be going as it will be the F150 pulling the travel trailer. Good luck fishing.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Where in the heck did I go? Some lake 30 miles west of Itasca State Park. But in a state with over 10,000 lakes, how can you remember them all.

All I can recall is those fish were caught faster than I could throw in a line, was like 40 years ago.

Also recall the only freedom from mosquitoes was out in the lake, didn't make any difference day or night in the woods, billions of them. Was told the state bird of Minnesota is the mosquito. Canada north of Thunder Bay was even worse. Those guys never saw a human before, but sure knew what to do with one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where in the heck did I go? Some lake 30 miles west of Itasca State Park. But in a state with over 10,000 lakes, how can you remember them all.

All I can recall is those fish were caught faster than I could throw in a line, was like 40 years ago.

Also recall the only freedom from mosquitoes was out in the lake, didn't make any difference day or night in the woods, billions of them. Was told the state bird of Minnesota is the mosquito. Canada north of Thunder Bay was even worse. Those guys never saw a human before, but sure knew what to do with one.

Yeah, **** blood-sucking vampires........ I hate mosquitoes, but what can you do? We'll be close to Walker, MN at a little cabin lodge camp. I went last year and had a blast. I hadn't been back there for 20 years until last year's trip. Not nearly as remote as the NW Ontario fly-in trips I did in my younger days but still awesome fishing. Getting pumped. Here is a taste of my success last year. Thanks to a jig-head and huge nightcrawler, and my wife's purple baitcaster:

pike.jpg

Measured 28" which is a common size for pike in that lake. I could catch those all day long until my arms get tired. We slayed the Perch & Rock Bass all week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts