Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,484 Posts
This is a great thread in identifying a problem and seeing the solutions to help fix it. Too bad my daughter's Cruze has the issue. Long story short, I:

a. Replaced the O-ring on the cap (saw yellowish crust on the cap)
b. Didn't see a decrease in the reservoir's fluid level after getting the Cruze up to operating speed
c. Didn't notice any leaks

So after my test run, the reservoir's level didn't change. I thought it would be less but, maybe I didn't run it long enough to make that difference. Anyways, after the test run and looking at the engine I noticed the sound where it seems like air and fluid are exchanging places.This lasted for over 3 or 4 minutes after turning the car off. I have a video that I can post, but, this site won't allow links in first posts. However, my phone was placed between the fan and engine and more toward the driver's side. I can only assume that I need to bleed off the air in the cooling system and will do so. But, could this sound be coming from any other areas/systems in my engine bay and/or is this sound normal?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Post some more threads and put your video on YouTube and post that link here.

Start by introducing yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Super Moderator
7,484 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hope this thread helps some people rid their cars of coolant odors. Remember also that the Cruze water pump is a popular source of leaks and is now covered under an extended 10yr warranty.
Hi, please tell me more about this, I’ve had my water pump replaced twice and the third is leaking. Since my Cruze is only 7 years old, can I just go into Chevy and have it replaced for free? My second pump was installed from a different shop because I thought I was out of warranty. But it is still an oem pump, I don’t have to tell that to the dealership about that. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,484 Posts
Hi, please tell me more about this, I’ve had my water pump replaced twice and the third is leaking. Since my Cruze is only 7 years old, can I just go into Chevy and have it replaced for free? My second pump was installed from a different shop because I thought I was out of warranty. But it is still an oem pump, I don’t have to tell that to the dealership about that. Thanks!
Service Bulletin - NHTSA

101 - 107 of 107 Posts