Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fix my Cruze!!!

Tags
cruze fix
33K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Blasirl 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
We want to help you fix your Cruze as quickly as possible. To do that, we need some basic information, such as:

1. Gen I or Gen II, Model Year, trim level, and transmission. (2016 MY has both generations)
2. Miles (km's) on the car!!!
3. Check engine light (MIL, SEL, CEL, etc) airbag, or other warning light on or "Service [insert system here]" message showing? Has somebody told you the code if the check engine light is on?
4. If you know the codes, type them into the post.
5. Approximate location of the issue.
6. As detailed a description of the problem as you can give. Something like "My 2012 Cruze Eco manual transmission with 50k miles on it is making a grinding noise from around the brake pedal at 12 mph every time I start the car, and doesn't do it again until I start the car again" is enough to let us get started. (Hint: I described the ABS self-check, and that check is normal for every Cruze on startup)
7. Country! Your warranty and repair options might be different in other countries than here in the United States or Canada.
8. (as needed): Left-hand drive or right-hand drive? If your car is right-hand drive, that's nice to know since a lot of us on this board have little experience with RHD cars.

Lastly, please be patient and polite! All the folks on this board are doing this in their spare time for free, so we might not be able to reply immediately.

See less See more
#2 ·
My 2010ish red car is broken and makes enginey noises when I push gas pedal. Help?

#5 ·
I would add country to this list since there are differences between countries - some obvious (right vs left hand drive) and some not so obvious.

#7 ·
You guys are in for it now.

Reactions: scherf
#8 ·
Probably true. However we already get a large number of "my thingy is broke..." threads and hopefully we'll get better descriptions.

#11 ·
Some folks have English as their second or third or fifth language, so we'll cut those folks some slack. Everybody else, though, should use good grammar and punctuation.

I'm closing this up since it's more a public service announcement than anything else.

Reactions: prlorrain
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.