Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Cruze LT.

I’ve been through hell with this car, replaced the engine less than a year ago, have replaced several leaking coolant hoses,
My car overheated on me, I made it home and realized one of the hoses was disconnected and a little shot. I replaced that and it’s no longer leaking. This is the hose that runs from the coolant tank down to the water outlet. I drove it around the block perfectly, idled it to get some air in my tires, turned it off at home. Then a few minutes later I started it back up and it died on me backing out of the lot. I was told to replace the water outlet & my dad told me we did that the last time we fixed something on my car.
You can hear the car trying to fire & turn over, but it’s just not doing it.
Any advice would be helpful before I have it towed to a shop that’s probably going to cost me thousands more than what it’s worth.
I can provide picture & video if anyone thinks that would be helpful

·
Registered
835 Posts
2012 Cruze LT.

I’ve been through hell with this car, replaced the engine less than a year ago, have replaced several leaking coolant hoses,
My car overheated on me, I made it home and realized one of the hoses was disconnected and a little shot. I replaced that and it’s no longer leaking. This is the hose that runs from the coolant tank down to the water outlet. I drove it around the block perfectly, idled it to get some air in my tires, turned it off at home. Then a few minutes later I started it back up and it died on me backing out of the lot. I was told to replace the water outlet & my dad told me we did that the last time we fixed something on my car.
You can hear the car trying to fire & turn over, but it’s just not doing it.
Any advice would be helpful before I have it towed to a shop that’s probably going to cost me thousands more than what it’s worth.
I can provide picture & video if anyone thinks that would be helpful
Open the coolant surge tank and take a picture of the level and post it here. Also, while the tank is open, open the vent screw on the radiator. Mine is located on the top passenger side, yours may differ.

Once coolant starts coming out in a steady stream, close the vent and refill the coolant to the indicated level (top rib right below the seam)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts