Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install some LED turn signal bulbs in my 2012 Cruze ECO, but i really don't want the hyperflash and i don't want to splice in a resistor. I was looking into using some lower resistance flasher relays for sale online that work with the LED bulbs, but i can't figure out where the flasher relay is or if the Cruze has one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Keep this updated, I want to see how you avoided the resistors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright thanks, i thought i checked under there for it..must have looked right over it! I well be getting online later today to order the low resistance flasher relay, and the LED bulbs. Hopefully they get here by next week, but i will keep this updated!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Interested in doing this as well. Keep us updated and good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there another thing that controls the flashers? When i pulled the relay to see if it was the flasher relay just to check it, all the blinkers still worked when the relay was pulled. I don't think that is the correct one, any ideas on something else to try? Now I'm stuck again,

Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Tha Cruze does not use a flasher, the voltage to the lights is switched on and off by the BCM (Body Control Module)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is there another thing that controls the flashers? When i pulled the relay to see if it was the flasher relay just to check it, all the blinkers still worked when the relay was pulled. I don't think that is the correct one, any ideas on something else to try? Now I'm stuck again,

Thanks
What is this little box over the rear drivers side wheel well I found? I thought it was flasher related.
Vehicle Car Auto part

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Interesting side note, the lack of a flasher or flasher relay is why the clicking noise is now produced by the radio and delivered through the drivers door speaker.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
That is interesting, thought it sounded a little "fake".

Well that's too bad, guess were going have to find a safe spot with no plastic.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
I stand corrected. Thanks for the information!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed Winjet headlights WJ-10-0324-04-9743 with daylight running lights and led. Looks great the problem is the hyper flashing when I single to make a turn. The other question will I mess up the body control module.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I installed Winjet headlights WJ-10-0324-04-9743 with daylight running lights and led. Looks great the problem is the hyper flashing when I single to make a turn. The other question will I mess up the body control module.
Good chance since these are led you will need a resistor, on both turn signals, to stop the hyper flashing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts