Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Flashing check engine light

1028 32
I was driving tonight and accelerating up a hill at about 3/4 throttle when my check engine light began flashing for about 20 seconds then left. after everything seemed to be fine however my transmission has always shifted a little rough downshifting. As this is my first car I just assumed this was normal. I drove a little bit later and tried a little Italian tune up. When at full throttle or near jt when my car is at about 4 thousand rpm it starts to jitter a bit like a little shake that feels like it’s from the transmission And the rpm’s flutter a little bit. I just replaced the engine about 2 months ago so I know it isn’t an issue with that. from a cold start when you first drive at about 20 km per hour a little click wound comes from the transmission and I can feel it through the gas pedal, I am now wondering if this was an early sign of my transmission failing. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas as to what this could be. im so done with this car I have had nothing but problems with it but I can’t get rid of it cause it was my grandparents car. Anyone have any ideas what this issue could be?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,166 Posts
A flashing CEL usually indicates a severe misfire is happening and is dumping fuel to the exhaust system.

Check the plugs and go from there. Inspect the coil for signs of damage, a bad coil is rare, there is no must change by XX,XXX miles for them. Many will say to change plugs at 60K or so but in the 2011 and 2012 owners manual it shows a change interval of 100,000 on them for the iridium plugs. I would bet that if the engine was swapped then the plugs were just transferred over with the engine so who knows how many miles are actually on the plugs. They are about $10 USD each so its not that much to swap them unless you have to pay labor. A shop will probably charge $150 USD or so for labor. Gotta pay for 1 hour of shop time even though they will be done in 30 minutes or less.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts