Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Flashing check engine light

979 32
I was driving tonight and accelerating up a hill at about 3/4 throttle when my check engine light began flashing for about 20 seconds then left. after everything seemed to be fine however my transmission has always shifted a little rough downshifting. As this is my first car I just assumed this was normal. I drove a little bit later and tried a little Italian tune up. When at full throttle or near jt when my car is at about 4 thousand rpm it starts to jitter a bit like a little shake that feels like it’s from the transmission And the rpm’s flutter a little bit. I just replaced the engine about 2 months ago so I know it isn’t an issue with that. from a cold start when you first drive at about 20 km per hour a little click wound comes from the transmission and I can feel it through the gas pedal, I am now wondering if this was an early sign of my transmission failing. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas as to what this could be. im so done with this car I have had nothing but problems with it but I can’t get rid of it cause it was my grandparents car. Anyone have any ideas what this issue could be?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah I second this. I'm sure the mechanic did a case relearn if he's worth a ****, but sometimes it doesn't take well or falls out off sync as the chain is worn in. It's a super easy procedure, and that scan tool can definitely do it. I personally love these little Ecotec motors, the ECU will usually tell you what the problem is with the DTC codes. Your saying there is no codes though? If there are any, list them all here so we can get a sense of what is going on. Also what was wrong with the old motor? What happened?

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's because your using 87! 91 or above only! Yikes..... Also never use injector cleaner it will decimate your O2 sensors. Fuel stabilizer is unnecessary as well unless it will be sitting for over a year. Try a little octane booster, not a lot! I would put about 60% of what they suggest. You absolutely cannot run 87 octane on a turbo vehicle pushing 10+ lb. of boost. I bet your knocking and pinging like a beast.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
The minimum suggested fuel is 87, but this might kick you down to the low octane timing table, so I'm just suggesting you use higher octane to see if it helps. I'm curious if your getting knock retard, but I'm not sure if that scanner can read it or not. Could be a bad knock sensor or false knock possibly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts