Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I dont post much but I am looking to do a few mods to my cruze and I am hoping to the community could help me out.

I'd like to have my third brake light flash a couple times when I press the brake. I would also like to put in a glowing bowtie on the rear of my cruze.

Are these relatively simple projects? Any guidance is greatly appreciated, I am not sure where to start.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Hi All!

I dont post much but I am looking to do a few mods to my cruze and I am hoping to the community could help me out.

I'd like to have my third brake light flash a couple times when I press the brake. I would also like to put in a glowing bowtie on the rear of my cruze.

Are these relatively simple projects? Any guidance is greatly appreciated, I am not sure where to start.
I know my Dealer was selling an Aftermarket Flashing 3rd light system, I'm sure they can be found elsewhere and for less. Don't know about the glowing rear bow tie as I live in California everything is illegal it seems:stoner:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I know my Dealer was selling an Aftermarket Flashing 3rd light system, I'm sure they can be found elsewhere and for less. Don't know about the glowing rear bow tie as I live in California everything is illegal it seems:stoner:
As long as it's a red light. Shouldn't be an issue. Cali too.
Like Snowwy66 said, "as long as it's a red light." But even if it is red, and tied into the brakes, would be great too.

One of my uncles bought my cousin's Supra, which had a license plate bracket that had rotating lights, tied into the lights. He got pulled over by CHP, and cut the wires to get out of the ticket. My cousin and I were ticked, we had installed/wired it up the summer before. I went up there the summer after he cut the wires, my cousin and I rewired it, made it solid/all lights, and tied it into the brake lights.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
One of my uncles bought my cousin's Supra, which had a license plate bracket that had rotating lights, tied into the lights. He got pulled over by CHP, and cut the wires to get out of the ticket. My cousin and I were ticked, we had installed/wired it up the summer before. I went up there the summer after he cut the wires, my cousin and I rewired it, made it solid/all lights, and tied it into the brake lights.
Back in the day, truckers would get pulled over for having a clearance light out on their trailers. Those top and side marker lights are not all mandatory - there are plenty of extras - but even if one of the extras were out, the trucks could be stopped. Not sure is that's still the case today.

And with all the LED's being used, it could really suck. Imagine getting stopped for having one LED out in a brake light made from a cluster of 50.

I can't see it happening, given that nature of LED lighting where we sometimes see traffic lights with a few dead LEDs. So there has to be some tolerance for a few dead ones. But I can see some uncomfortable moments dealing with law enforcement as LEDs become more common.

Doug

·
Registered
251 Posts
Back in the day, truckers would get pulled over for having a clearance light out on their trailers. Those top and side marker lights are not all mandatory - there are plenty of extras - but even if one of the extras were out, the trucks could be stopped. Not sure is that's still the case today.

And with all the LED's being used, it could really suck. Imagine getting stopped for having one LED out in a brake light made from a cluster of 50.

I can't see it happening, given that nature of LED lighting where we sometimes see traffic lights with a few dead LEDs. So there has to be some tolerance for a few dead ones. But I can see some uncomfortable moments dealing with law enforcement as LEDs become more common.

Doug

There are quite a few trucks running with a trillion "chicken lights" all over their trucks and trailers. I haven't even seen CHP pulling people over for having faulty lights, let alone 1 of 50 LEDs out in a brake light, or even for 1/2 of them out. SHOOT, they're not even writing people up for cracks in their windshields, that are blocking the driver's line of sight.

Reactions: plano-doug
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.