Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left this a.m. For 2-1/2 hr commute. Service p/s lite came on momentarily. Once on hiway, noticed my scan gauge was dropping readouts. The display was staying on, but the numbers would blank out every three seconds or so. Then the needles on the instrument gauges would drop momentarily about every 1-2 min. Service p/s warning light would also come on most of these times as well. Noticed an engine hesitation each time the gauge needles would take a dive. On way back home more warning kites came on: abs, track control, and stabil trak. I pulled over and restarted engine , new warning lites did not come back on rest of trip of 20 mi. Original problem did continue however Guess another trip to dealer is in future to see if they can figure wtf is going on now. Also noticed when I pulled into garage that the flashing warning and needles dropping on gauges seemed to stop

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Left this a.m. For 2-1/2 hr commute. Service p/s lite came on momentarily. Once on hiway, noticed my scan gauge was dropping readouts. The display was staying on, but the numbers would blank out every three seconds or so. Then the needles on the instrument gauges would drop momentarily about every 1-2 min. Service p/s warning light would also come on most of these times as well. Noticed an engine hesitation each time the gauge needles would take a dive. On way back home more warning kites came on: abs, track control, and stabil trak. I pulled over and restarted engine , new warning lites did not come back on rest of trip of 20 mi. Original problem did continue however Guess another trip to dealer is in future to see if they can figure wtf is going on now. Also noticed when I pulled into garage that the flashing warning and needles dropping on gauges seemed to stop
Negative battery cable? Battery condition?

Reactions: revjpeterson

·
Registered
79 Posts
Disconnect your svanguage from the obd port for a couple key on off cycles. This happens to me occasionally with my Bluetooth obd scan tool running torque and Snipseys diesel plug ins seems to go back to normal after that.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Disconnect your scanguage and then take your Cruze in for the Negative battery cable replacement. You don't want the dealership blaming the scanguage instead of replacing the cable on GM's dime.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Disconnect your scanguage and then take your Cruze in for the Negative battery cable replacement. You don't want the dealership blaming the scanguage instead of replacing the cable on GM's dime.
If he has 200k (judging by his badge under his name) it won't be on GM's dime anyhow.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well as seems to be another of those electronic gremlins. Have to wonder if it has something to do with software coding as these freak warnings and glitches happen at major mileage milestones. Anyway fluctuations just went away on their own. Even the check engine light that was on while I've been waiting for a sensor on b/o for two months has gone out.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Well as seems to be another of those electronic gremlins. Have to wonder if it has something to do with software coding as these freak warnings and glitches happen at major mileage milestones. Anyway fluctuations just went away on their own. Even the check engine light that was on while I've been waiting for a sensor on b/o for two months has gone out.
But have you ever had the negative battery cable replaced?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I am way out of warranty and have had no issues that seem to relate to cable. Even this last situation doesn't appear to have cable concerns. Car has had no glitches at all in past week of driving. I will however check on ordering this cable and replace as preventive measure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.