Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I added this to my Cruze. No go. Anyone know why you need additional tech to get the flip key to work it with the 3 X lock?

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
Whaaaat?

I have a flip key and it works. Came with the car. Are you referring to an aftermarket remote start that needs you to press lock 3 times?

Oh and

Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whaaaat?

I have a flip key and it works. Came with the car. Are you referring to an aftermarket remote start that needs you to press lock 3 times?

Oh and

Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.
Yes. after market from flash logic. I just don't get why the flip key needs an approval rf kit.

Hack

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
You have any links to this stuff? So far I have no clue especially about the rf kit. I do not currently have remote start on the Cruze, but did have it on my Dodge Caravan, 3x lock type, and it worked fine as installed. I had a Python installed.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Probably because they are not just bypassing the factory installed remote start wiring, but the BCM/key fob pairing.

By default (as far as I've been able to tell looking at models at various salvage yards), Cruzes come pre-wired for remote start. It just needs to be turned on in the BCM and of course the appropriate key fob.

How to "add" OEM remote start

1 - 6 of 6 Posts