Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased my Chevy Cruze and I'm now starting to do some small tweaks. I bought some flex led's from autozone and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to install them. I am going to put them under my console by the pedals and on the passenger side. I pretty much have no clue what I am doing. I've been told to connect them into the fuze box and was wondering if anyone had any more details about this. I've looked through some previous threads, but haven't found much. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
What you can do is buy an add a circuit from somewhere like autozone. Its basically a fuse that plugs into the fuse box, but has a power wire coming off of it with an extra fuse for the extra powered item and you just use that for power. Then find a ground point near the fuse box and then just hook up those led strips to those wires and you are all set. Make sense?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With that set up how will the lights turn on and off? Will I need a switch or will they power on/off with the car?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I picked up a switch, also from autozone, to wire into the power wire so I can turn it off if I want. But what you can do is wire it into something like the power outlet, so that it turns on with the car, then be able to turn it off. Or what I did is wire it into another one that has constant power (I can't remember which one) and I just turn it on and off manually. I just used crimp on connectors, but you can also solder it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up buying a outlet that I could wire into and I have been just plugging it in and unplugging it when I want. It also turns off when I turn my car off. Its a temporary fix. Hopefully I'll pick up some tips and tricks and will redo my setup. I ran my wires under my center console so it doesn't look shabby. I'm just looking into doing some cosmetic stuff for now..dont want to mess up my warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts