Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it rains, it pours and the streets become pools and the cars drink water like no tomorrow!
Driving through deep water sucks when the whole streets flooded and you have no choice.
If I recall correctly one members cruze died going through a larger than expected body of water.
I always see the pictures of the snow, and I think "man that sucks, good thing we don't deal with that!"
Then there are days like this one when the roads become canals :dazed002:

Snapped a quick picture when the rain stopped, by this time the water level had gone down a bit but the road is still ankle deep in water haha, useless gutters!!!

If I manage to not be lazy, I'll upload a video of the roads so you guys can feel my pain.
Or, if you guys have any weather horror stories, I'm happy to hear about yours :grin:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nothing like that ever in Hawaii, Well it is paradise.. haha. I feel for you. Just stay away from those deep puddles cause once that engine sucks up water it's done for :th_coolio:

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Ya I would not be driving it that, one extra deep spot you can't see and you'll need a new engine. Driving in snow is fun, water not so much unless its in a boat or other watercraft.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Yeah, schools up this way are either cancelled or on a 2 hour delay because of the flooded streets! I hope you don't have to drive in that?!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I didn't have to, but the area where I live is called "Big Lake"
It lives up to the moniker lol it always floods big time after it rains hard.
So even if my route to work floods I can take the highway and endure the horrible traffic instead, but when I reach home there are always pools of water waiting for me. Usually it's not this bad though, only on occasion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts