Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all just got a random question. I have universal mats for my flooring but occasionally some snow or water gets in under them. These mats are good and do a pretty good job but I'm wondering if it'd be smart to by some custom fot ones. I only plan on having this cruZe for 5 years till I buy a new one but don't wanna ruin the carpets. Will I be okay? Custom mats are so expebsive and don't think it's worth it. Also if car flooring gets ruined how long will it take and how much is it to replace all the carpeting

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Take a look at weather tech or husky or google "Molded floor liners". Looks like off the shelf replacement carpet is not available yet, but likely a few hundred dollars if it doses. To have a restorer to install a hand built carpet would run you significant labour costs.

I have Weathertechs to catch the snow and mud off my boots at about 250 for whole kit

·
Registered
145 Posts
Avoid the 3D MAXpider Kagu floormats (also sold under other names) like the plague. I loved them at first, but after only three months, there's already a hole in the mat where my right foot rest, and the whole section that is reinforced is separating. Granted they have seen some heavy use, and I spray them off about once a week, but three months is pathetic. They look better than the Weathertech or Husky mats, but are not a good alternative is the bottom line.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
If you want to keep the water and dirt (and salt if you live in a colder climate) off your carpet, then just go for WeatherTechs or Husky's. I have WeatherTechs for front and rear and they're fantastic, well worth the purchase. All you have to do is pull them out, spray them down and you're good to go, versus having to try and use stain removal to get stains off the carpets or carpet mats.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ones I bought are Motomaster and they are doing a great job for now, they also don't move around and for very well so I don't think I'm going to fork out another 150 bucks for weather techs

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought my Cruze used, and there were no mats when I bought it. I initially balked at the Weathertech liners due to price, but I'm glad I did. They look great, and keep my floor clean. I bought the front, rear and trunk liner. I'll do it again in a heartbeat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts