Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure somebody has asked this before but does the Flowmaster Force II 409 SS Axle-Back fit the Gen 2 sedans. I have a 2016 Premier RS and looking at exhaust options.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,892 Posts
Im sure somebody has asked this before but does the Flowmaster Force II 409 SS Axle-Back fit the Gen 2 sedans. I have a 2016 Premier RS and looking at exhaust options.
It appears that the Gen II axle-back is only made for the hatchback - since it is about a foot shorter in length than the sedan, it would not fit.

The website I looked at said it was for the Corvette.
What?? Flowmaster clearly makes one for the Gen I cars, as well as the Gen II hatchback.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,118 Posts

What?? Flowmaster clearly makes one for the Gen I cars, as well as the Gen II hatchback.[/QUOTE]

You do see my qualifying statement above. Obviously it is not as clear as you think. I just googled Flowmaster Force II 409 SS Axle-Back and clicked on Holly. Only the Corvette came up. Had he posted a link, maybe I could have given a better answer. He did not, so I gave what I knew.

You know "garbage in...."

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,118 Posts

What?? Flowmaster clearly makes one for the Gen I cars, as well as the Gen II hatchback.
You do see my qualifying statement above. Obviously it is not as clear as you think. I just googled Flowmaster Force II 409 SS Axle-Back and clicked on Holly. Only the Corvette came up. Had he posted a link, maybe I could have given a better answer. He did not, so I gave what I knew.

You know "garbage in...."

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Right, but that doesn't sounds like you actively looked for a Cruze system by Flowmaster which, by the way, Flowmaster/Holly lists on their website if you search by vehicle.

If you google "Flowmaster Force II 409 SS Axle-Back cruze", plenty of results come up for the axle back that was mentioned, for the Cruze.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I've been getting mixed results as to if it only fits the hatchback, or if it'll work on the sedan too.

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Yeah I've been getting mixed results as to if it only fits the hatchback, or if it'll work on the sedan too.
I am thinking it won't, due to the vehicle length difference. Now, that said, who knows if it might work with an extra piece of pipe somewhere.

Found a good comparison - though, the one for the hatch is for the RS with the visible outlet, and the sedan is a hidden outlet (since even with RS they don't get a visible tailpipe like the hatch), on the Chevy Accessories site:

Reactions: Newyorker
1 - 9 of 9 Posts