Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I have a $20 universal mount from Verizon that I have stuck to the flat space under the radio display. It's on the far right (passenger side) and my phone doesn't cover any controls or displays. It's also low enough that it doesn't cover any of my windshield.

Do you have the base radio with USB, 3.5mm inputs, and steering wheel controls? If so, you may want to consider installing the BlueTooth PDIM and eliminate the need for the USB cable completely. The PDIM isn't used with the navigation system - it may be used with the Pioneer upgraded radio but no one has checked and posted back here yet about this configuration.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I don't use the USB port at all. Since I use my phone for music and navigation and the music and navigation voice files are on my SD card, I can't plug the phone into the USB port for power. This is a restriction in Android - you cannot have both the device and external USB interface talk to the SD card at the same time. I do have a 12v power adapter that I plug my phone into for power when I'm using navigation. The rest of the time my phone sits in my pocket and I play and control my music via BlueTooth. When my son drives my car he plugs his iPod into the USB port so I know it works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts