Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy.

Love my chevys, new to cruze life. Kids bought a 2014 salvaged cruze sometime ago but got rid of it right after it started squealing at 30k miles. Ended up being the valve cover pcv issue and just needed about $300 of replacement but they were already too afraid of it after the squealing started so they traded it off and took one in the shorts. GM had cancelled the warranty after finding out it was a salvaged vehicle and wouldn't even fix recall issues.

I purchased my "new" (to me) 2015 TDI Cruze Sept 2017 after being caught up in the VW TDI buyback. I did a lot of research on the diesel Cruze before making my decision to get one. I bought mine from BMW of Tulsa with only 32k miles. Now I'm finding out that the Cruze I bought also has a GM warranty block on it because of hail damage in Texas it received before being offered for sale as a new vehicle. Luckily I purchased the 3rd party 70k mile warranty with a $250 deductible for major issues (engine, transmission, turbo, etc). So far I've already had to pay $500 for a grill shutter replacement and just this morning the check engine light reappeared showing P2453 and P2454 codes with 42k miles. So now I'm looking into those errors now to find out how to fix them. Ill post more in the "fix my cruze" section after this.

Anyway. glad to find this site. don't know how long I will stay. If I keep getting issues, I may not own this cruze much longer.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
So you are saying BMW of Tulsa sold you a junker, a wrecker, salvage car and they didn't disclose it, and resold it as a new vehicle?

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
It sounds like another dealer filed a hail claim on it when it was still on MSO, PDR'd it and sold it as new, and then that buyer traded it in at the BMW dealer a couple of years later and OP bought it.

My 2016 is rebuilt. GM did the battery drains back in November, as it was a safety recall. It already had the 3rd brake light fix in its prior life.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Taxman is right. GM imported to TX. Car was hail damaged in July 2015 while waiting to be delivered to dealership. GM repaired the car and repainted it (I did notice some flaws), shipped it to Auto Auction in Texas August 2015. Tanner Chevrolet sold at Auction to Wilson Chevrolet in Stillwater, OK. Wilson Chevrolet sold as new, Oklahoma DMV issued new title. Title was never salvaged but GM still put a warranty block on it over hail damage. Ive been told by GM the only way I could've known about the block was to call GM and verify the vehicle still had a warranty before purchasing it. Who knew?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts