Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not a genius when it comes to cars by any means. I know some little stuff here and there but I also like to be 100% technical. I have a 2012 Cruze LS that did not come with fog lights. I have an aftermarket fog kit which i have mounted and am currently trying to figure out ways I can wire it. Im good with plugging them in obviously and running the hot and ground wires. where my questions lie are with the switch. the switch that came with the kit is pretty flimsy and I would rather. it run it through the firewall and have it mounted in the cabin. ultimately what i want to do is by the oem gm headlamp control (switch) that has the fog button on it and have it wired to that. how would I go about doing this and what is the best way? ive been told to wire the open got wire into the ignition fuse in the cabin, the fuse #48, I'd rather have them tied into the low beams so they automatically go on and off with them and then also be wired to the factory switch that i would swap into it. i just want to do everything correctly. thanks in advance and I hope I don't sound too much like an idiot

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
With the oem switch you will need to run your power wire into the fuse panel under the hood which is how I did mine with the oem fog light kit. There are some other posts on here that will help you locate which slot to install the wire but you will need the right wire end on your wire to do this. Given your car is a 2012 may also mean your bcm will need programmed for the oem style install.

IMO I would avoid tying into your low beams as this may cause overloading issues on the headlight circuit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts