Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm looking for some help in deciphering the GM instructions that came with the Fog Light kit (39109170), for my Gen2 sedan. I've posted a copy of the relevant pages (7-9) for reference. The fuse box section is a bit confusing. I believe it's as simple as putting the "E" connector into pin 5 of Block L (step 17), and putting the "G" connector into pin 20 of Block L1 (step 20). What's confusing is the info on page 7, step 15. I'm guessing that what they are trying to tell us on steps 15I and 15II is to look at the L1 block and if there already is a wire installed at pin 20, to throw away the "F" harness? Hopefully someone who's completed this installation will chime in.

Thanks in advance, Steve

Line art Text Line Design Diagram Line art Text Line Design Drawing Line art Text Printmaking Drawing Illustration

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes that is exactly it. Some of the cars already have that wire installed. Mine did. If it is already there then you can throw that wire out. Seems like mostly LT and Premiers already have them. The LS does not have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm looking for some help in deciphering the GM instructions that came with the Fog Light kit (39109170), for my Gen2 sedan. I've posted a copy of the relevant pages (7-9) for reference. The fuse box section is a bit confusing. I believe it's as simple as putting the "E" connector into pin 5 of Block L (step 17), and putting the "G" connector into pin 20 of Block L1 (step 20). What's confusing is the info on page 7, step 15. I'm guessing that what they are trying to tell us on steps 15I and 15II is to look at the L1 block and if there already is a wire installed at pin 20, to throw away the "F" harness? Hopefully someone who's completed this installation will chime in.

Thanks in advance, Steve

View attachment 246866 View attachment 246874 View attachment 246882
Oops.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I finally had decent weather and the time to tackle this job. My LT already had the control wiring between the fuse-box and the under-dashboard connectors , so I only had to route and connect the power lead into the fuse-box. The fog lights are not activated by the new switch and my tire pressures are not being displayed so I strongly suspect that a trip to the dealer to have the BCM reprogrammed is needed.

I did take a bunch of pics, so I'll write up a "how-to".

Yes that is exactly it. Some of the cars already have that wire installed. Mine did. If it is already there then you can throw that wire out. Seems like mostly LT and Premiers already have them. The LS does not have it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can someone post the instructions for these fog light kits my dealer was trying to reprogram bcm but couldnt find the steps to do so

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I went to the dealer today to get my BCM programmed to turn on the fog lights and they couldn't do it either!! The instructions have a code that they are supposed to use (along with your car's VIN) to reprogram the BCM and they said that the code provided (1D24C219) was not correct. They claimed that they called GM and couldn't get the right code from them either.

GM has made this too complicated!!:th_thumbsdownsm:

The instructions give a website (www.ifz-berlin.de) for checking for updates, but it comes up with the same set of instruction (dated 1/17) with the same code.

Anybody have better luck with their dealer?

Can someone post the instructions for these fog light kits my dealer was trying to reprogram bcm but couldnt find the steps to do so

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The code was on the cardboard box.
Oh, duh - I'm getting soft in the head! It's right on the top flap of the box, and I must have seen it when I opened the box, but with the flap facing down it didn't dawn on me to look. Thankfully I saved the box and now have the code. Thank you very much lmiller0810!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh, duh - I'm getting soft in the head! It's right on the top flap of the box, and I must have seen it when I opened the box, but with the flap facing down it didn't dawn on me to look. Thankfully I saved the box and now have the code. Thank you very much lmiller0810!
No problem. Glad to be of service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The code was on the cardboard box.
Do you by chance still have that code i dont have my box anymore

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry, code is unique and can only be used once. Haven't used mine yet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered mine when I ordered the car. I stopped by the dealer when he was doing the installation. When I saw it was 12 pages I was stunned. Certainly glad I had him do the installation.

Why didn't GM include them when they assembled the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It took 3 calls and an engineer visit to the dealership while my 2018 TD sat at the dealer for 3 days for the BCM to get programmed properly for the fog lamps. All fog lamps are LPO by the dealer during PDI for new Cruzes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am sorry to Hijack this thread but im in the same boat on my 13 cruze, the place that installed it had no idea ther was an activation code on the box. and tossed it, is there anyway to get this code? im going to be pissed i spent 300 dollars on this, if i cant get them to work

·
Registered
2 Posts
This makes me nervous about attempting this project. I would like to install some fog lights but this process is so much different than what I did with my Malibu. I have a 2017 LT. Will I have to buy a new switch to replace my current switch as well and put that in the dash? If not, do I just use a separate switch like it did on my Malibu?.

My other option is to buy some LED driving lights to put in that locations. I am guessing that I could just wire them in to the wiring for the current driving lights but I have not looked into that much further. LEDs use little power so I am thinking the fuse could handle it.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of the install instructions? I bought the new kit for the 2019 Cruze and it had no instruction sheet. Mainly looking for the cable routing and to confirm the fuse box location.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts