Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked about LED headlights on another so figure I'd start a new thread on this. My car didn't come equipped with fog lights but on the island of hawaii where I drive at night we have alot of fog so they'll become alot of use. A car without, does it come with an assembly (wiring) already present or will I have to purchase the wiring with a new fog light set up? Am assuming it'll come with.
Next question.. I want to buy these.. any pros/cons?
2011-2014 Chevy Cruze SMD LED Driving Fog Lights Kit

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I bought the OEM fog light kit. It came with the wiring harness that had to be added. I let the dealer do the install.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,997 Posts
I asked about LED headlights on another so figure I'd start a new thread on this. My car didn't come equipped with fog lights but on the island of hawaii where I drive at night we have alot of fog so they'll become alot of use. A car without, does it come with an assembly (wiring) already present or will I have to purchase the wiring with a new fog light set up? Am assuming it'll come with.
Next question.. I want to buy these.. any pros/cons?
2011-2014 Chevy Cruze SMD LED Driving Fog Lights Kit
I suggest you purchase fog and not driving lights (amber vs white), you'll be able to see better in the fog. If you are on a restricted budget, there are some on eBay for around $54.00 that include a harness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol with $200 shipping.. nutts!
I suggest you purchase fog and not driving lights (amber vs white), you'll be able to see better in the fog. If you are on a restricted budget, there are some on eBay for around $54.00 that include a harness.

·
Registered
248 Posts
To go the "Budget Way" I went with the Spec D Fog Lights (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DMSUYRK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and purchased the OEM Fog Light Switch (13295227) off Ebay. The fogs came with a non-oem harness so hen I cut off the relay and switch and installed it in the fuse panel to the correct location. I did find out that the correct pin to use for the fuse panel is p/n13575773. You can crimp or solder that pin/wire to the spec-d harness and install it in the under hood fuse panel like setup then attach the ground and you have OEM style setup for $70. I also got these (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MY2A8W3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I ordered the OEM pin and once I get it in the mail I will do a "Budget OEM Fog Light Install" thread for the guys here.

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
The OEM fog lights work really well. They're "white" and really help, even when not dealing with fog. One of the things I really like about them is you can turn them on without turning on the headlights, which makes a difference in dense fog.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To go the "Budget Way" I went with the Spec D Fog Lights (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DMSUYRK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and purchased the OEM Fog Light Switch (13295227) off Ebay. The fogs came with a non-oem harness so hen I cut off the relay and switch and installed it in the fuse panel to the correct location. I did find out that the correct pin to use for the fuse panel is p/n13575773. You can crimp or solder that pin/wire to the spec-d harness and install it in the under hood fuse panel like setup then attach the ground and you have OEM style setup for $70. I also got these (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MY2A8W3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I ordered the OEM pin and once I get it in the mail I will do a "Budget OEM Fog Light Install" thread for the guys here.
Will be following this all because I'm in the same boat. My 2014 LT did not come with fog lights and I would like to install some. I just put the above parts you mentioned on my amazon wish list. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,997 Posts
Well, instead of being a DH.jpg , try and offer some help instead.
ship to Hawaii.jpg

As you can see in the picture above, it reads FREE SHIPPING to the United States and not CONUS. Last I heard, Hawaii has not yet seceded.

So, after looking closer, I see you need to enter your ZIPcode. I entered Barbers Point and, low and behold it lists $200.00 economy, which is in all likelyhood a mistake, but, going with it, if you keep looking, standard shipping is $20.50. Still a very inexpensive alternative.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts