Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze Eco (auto)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read many different posts/replies on here and everyone seems to have a different opinion on which dates require the flash when installing fog lights. Before I get too far down the rabbit hole of adding fogs, I'm curious to know if anyone has an idea if my 2012 Cruze Eco (built 2/12) would need the flash? If I need to splice into something else I will, but the OEM switch would be a nice touch lol.

·
COTM Winner
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
878 Posts
@Murphsox was yours oem kit or just aftermarket?

·
Registered
2015 Mini Cooper S
235 Posts
Mine was a OEM kit from Chevy. It was the last one in the warehouse

·
Registered
2015 Mini Cooper S
235 Posts
yea they are few and far between. If you do find one, dont let the dealer mess with you. they "programmed" my fogs in and it never took, i had to go back and complain to them and then magically it worked. I was charged a hour of work and the program only takes 15 mins

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze Eco (auto)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately that's about normal. When I worked for an FCA dealer they basically charged 1 hour for all flashes and reprograms. Also what I was charged on my last vehicle that I put fogs on. I'm just curious because some people with 2012's appeared to not need the BCM reprogramming whether I'll need it or not

·
COTM Winner
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
878 Posts
Wire it up of it doesn't work you can opt to negate the bcm I would think or go get it flashed by dealer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.