Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,016 Posts
Even with defrost kicking out dry air into the car my entire trip, within 5 minutes of shutting off the vehicle and getting out the windows are fogged up.
That sounds like quite a build-up of moisture. Since you've checked the floor mats, perhaps you should check the trunk.

·
Premium Member
8,016 Posts
At the risk of rehashing what you already know:
  • When we speak of humidity, we talk about relative humidity - how much is in the air compared to how much it can hold.
  • The air's capacity to hold water changes significantly with temperature.
  • So the RH will go down when air is heated and go up when cooled - even with no water added/removed from the air.

So for the windows to start fogging shortly after you shut off the car suggests that water is getting added to the air inside the car. If it all came from the outside, it would be no worse than the outside once it cooled back to outside temperatures. (Note that your breath is a significant source of water.)

I mention the trunk because others have found water leaking in and collecting in the spare tire well. Others have found ice above the headliner (where the most air condenses and freezes). It's discovered when it thaws out.

There's also a possibility that while you're commanding fresh air, the flappers may not be doing that. But even with fresh air open, there has to be a place for the stale air to go - I'm not sure where the vent is, but I thought it was in the rear quarter-panels - right where the rear tires would throw slush. To test that, you could try cracking a rear window next time you drive. If it doesn't fog up, then maybe the exit is blocked off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.