Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I don't know what it is with my car. I have a big problem with foggy windows when there is a lot of moisture in the air (mainly in winter). Even with defrost kicking out dry air into the car my entire trip, within 5 minutes of shutting off the vehicle and getting out the windows are fogged up. If it is very cold overnight the moisture on the windows will completely freeze and it takes for ever to thaw this in the morning. Luckily there hasn't been too many days like this so it hasn't been a huge problem this winter. It was a very big problem last winter. I always made sure my WeatherTech liners weren't holding an excessive amount of water and the carpets under the liners weren't wet either.

One thing I notice is that when I shut the car off, the vent flaps change back to some default state. Could this be some sort of "open" state allowing the moist outside air to be flowing freely into the vehicle?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
That sounds like quite a build-up of moisture. Since you've checked the floor mats, perhaps you should check the trunk.
I do put the snow brush back there when I'm done. I knock off a lot of snow but some still is on there when I put it in the trunk. I never even thought of that since the trunk appears to be completely closed off from the rest of the vehicle when the seats aren't folded down. I have my summer mats stored in there with a blanket. I'll take all that out and check for moisture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.