Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am considering getting foglights for the cruze, OEM ones by the way and I went to do a practice install session and I COULD NOT get the factory inserts out of the bumper where the foglights will go. I removed the Phillips screw and tried to unlock the plastic tabs on the insert piece but I couldn't get the ******* free. Can I please get some help. Id like to do this last project to my car for awhile and im wanting to put matching HID's fog's to go with my headlights. Thanks

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take the bumper off. Makes the install and running your wires a heck of a lot easier imo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That's what my friend told me to do because that's how he did his on his cruze, but he told me there are plastic retainers/tabs on the bumper that break easily if your not careful and they are like a couple bucks a piece and theres a ton of them...not sure if I quite understand what hes saying there lol.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Take a look at the foglight install thread, any clips you might break should be shown in one of the many photos.

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
Those little covers can be a pain. Listen to your friend, he knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah those covers for fogs are a pain In the Ass to say the least I tried to take off my cover to change out my fog light bulb didn't realize that there was a screw behind the cover(I thought they were just clips) and ended up breaking a cover I'd buy a new one but they are pricey for just the covers

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris I may do that lol. I thought I had enough room to do all this when I lifted the car off the ground on both sides about 2 feet off the floor. Guess not loo

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
You unscrewed the 3 screws holding the fog light to the cover right? Those screws screw into the cover AND the front bumper. Meaning that if you only unscrewed the single screw holding the cover to the bumper, you still have the cover attached to the front bumper via proxy by the fog light lamp.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You unscrewed the 3 screws holding the fog light to the cover right? Those screws screw into the cover AND the front bumper. Meaning that if you only unscrewed the single screw holding the cover to the bumper, you still have the cover attached to the front bumper via proxy by the fog light lamp.
I only saw the one screw holding on the cover. I don't have fogs in yet, I still have the non-fog's covers installed on my car. I tried getting those covers off awhile back but I couldn't get them to budge. I unscrewed the one that I saw and tried popping those clips out but no luck. I don't know what I was doing wrong.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Installing the Fog lamps for me was the easy part using a 90* power screwdriver with the bumper on. What wasn't easy was connecting that one hot wire to pin 31. But in the process, learned that fuse/relay PCB was never installed correctly. Then on mine, that pin 31 hole was loaded with flashing that had to be very carefully removed first.

Usually work hot with electrical, this is one time removed both the negative and positive battery terminals, negative always first off, and last on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts