Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
the forged valve is of high quality and they are know has a very reputably company. my tune hits about 22 to 24 psi and it holds fine with the green spring. In the thread below i talked with them about putting in a small shim. but so far my BOV is holding to 24psi so i have not installed it. I cut a piece of steel about the size of a dime 2mm thick to go in the piston side of the valve.
check...http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-1-4l-turbo/10816-forge-bov-shims.html

if you bypass the current vacuum setup (stock) you will loose the ability to control boost with the tune, traction control and ABS function! And it will set a light for ABS/TC and CEL

·
Registered
647 Posts
charge air bypass valve(BOV) is controlled by the ECM by utilizing a remotely mounted solenoid that is integrated into the charge air bypass valve to prevent compressor surging and damage it is also used to control boost during low traction event. the ecm controls the ground circuit #3060 by controlling (pwm) the amount of vacuum the BOV will see in order to control BOV.

·
Registered
647 Posts
yes test it and see what happens. when a low traction event happens the ebcm sends a request to the ecm to reduce engine power. the ecm grounds the solenoids for both the wast gate and the BOV to open to release boost to lower power as well as change spark and injector pulse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.