Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Did You ever end up testing the yellow spring again titan? Sorry to bump an old thread. Im just curious
No. After advice from Forge as well as Jerry, I decided to leave it on the green spring. At the moment I'm having many vacuum issues so I don't want to mess with anything else.

I'm going back to stock to take the car in but once I get it back, I'll give it a try with a vacuum source not from the solenoid now that I'm more familiar with the system. Will report back.

·
Registered
647 Posts
the forged valve is of high quality and they are know has a very reputably company. my tune hits about 22 to 24 psi and it holds fine with the green spring. In the thread below i talked with them about putting in a small shim. but so far my BOV is holding to 24psi so i have not installed it. I cut a piece of steel about the size of a dime 2mm thick to go in the piston side of the valve.
check...http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-1-4l-turbo/10816-forge-bov-shims.html

if you bypass the current vacuum setup (stock) you will loose the ability to control boost with the tune, traction control and ABS function! And it will set a light for ABS/TC and CEL

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
if you bypass the current vacuum setup (stock) you will loose the ability to control boost with the tune, traction control and ABS function! And it will set a light for ABS/TC and CEL
Please explain. There is a single vacuum line that goes from the nipple on the BOV/BPV to the solenoid. There may be others lines that solenoid controls but I can't see them. So by blocking off the vacuum line to the BOV/BPV, how would I not be able to control boost? Boost is limited by the waste gate which has nothing to do with that vacuum line. Same thing for T/C and ABS.

·
Registered
647 Posts
charge air bypass valve(BOV) is controlled by the ECM by utilizing a remotely mounted solenoid that is integrated into the charge air bypass valve to prevent compressor surging and damage it is also used to control boost during low traction event. the ecm controls the ground circuit #3060 by controlling (pwm) the amount of vacuum the BOV will see in order to control BOV.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
charge air bypass valve(BOV) is controlled by the ECM by utilizing a remotely mounted solenoid that is integrated into the charge air bypass valve to prevent compressor surging and damage it is also used to control boost during low traction event. the ecm controls the ground circuit #3060 by controlling (pwm) the amount of vacuum the BOV will see in order to control BOV.
So you're referring to low traction events which would make sense. I rarely encounter low traction moments here in SoCal, but I think that's enough reason to not make the mod - at least by itself. I'll give it a whirl anyway and see what the result is.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
647 Posts
yes test it and see what happens. when a low traction event happens the ebcm sends a request to the ecm to reduce engine power. the ecm grounds the solenoids for both the wast gate and the BOV to open to release boost to lower power as well as change spark and injector pulse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What do you mean by tapping straight into vacuum line?

I disagree. The more I drive it the more I like it. Tonight on the freeway and around town the car felt very strong off the line (I put green spring back in), after each shift and well into the boost. I've noticed the boost comes on much faster than stock BPV. Even though it only gets to ~20psi it gets there quick. I personally like the noise because you can't hear it all the time inside the car unless you turn the stereo off (and if you don't have a noisy boost gauge like mine) then it's all good. In the SRT-4 you can hear it over the stereo with the windows up and the heater running.
I'm not sure where you get the idea that these are junk. Look at Forge's website, they make a lot of custom parts. They might not be HKS, AGP or [insert name brand here] but IMO it's a quality product that simply needs a different set of springs specifically for the cruze. The product is solid, nice looking and isn't hard to install.

Anyone who knows anything will know right away what the noise coming from under my hood is.

I'm still going to try the yellow spring with a direct tap into vacuum and see what happens.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,245 Posts
What do you mean by tapping straight into vacuum line?

I'm not sure where you get the idea that these are junk. Look at Forge's website, they make a lot of custom parts. They might not be HKS, AGP or [insert name brand here] but IMO it's a quality product that simply needs a different set of springs specifically for the cruze. The product is solid, nice looking and isn't hard to install.

Anyone who knows anything will know right away what the noise coming from under my hood is.

I'm still going to try the yellow spring with a direct tap into vacuum and see what happens.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

You do realize this is a seven year old thread right?

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.