Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking the forums ever since I had started experience the notch issue on the steering wheel on my Cruze and Google led me to a couple of threads here. I've since gotten that fixed and my Cruze is perfect!

Some background on how I got my Cruze. Before getting it, my parents had a 1998 Honda Accord that I would use as my daily driver to get me to school. Last summer, I was driving home from a friend's party when the engine overheated and died out on me, leaving me stranded two miles in the country away from my house. My parents didn't do anything to fix it because I wasn't going to be needing a car soon since I was leaving in a month to Japan for the semester. While I was overseas, they ended up selling it for a grand, and the people who bought it fixed it up. I still see that ugly thing around town sometimes.

Anyway, I got back home in mid-January and I was carless for about two weeks while we looked around to see if we could find a car that was within our budget. We had just got done looking at a 2013 Toyota Corolla from a used car lot, when I was scrolling through Craigslist to see if I could find anything. By miracle, I found the listing for the Cruze and totally within our price range. The next day, we went to go see it and I fell in love! We left a deposit, and the day after, it was already on my driveway! It's a 2012 Victory Red 1LT Cruze with the RS package and Driver Convenience package. It only had 38k miles and we ended up getting it from the people who owned it for $11,000 (of course this doesn't include all the other fees lol). I took over the payments in the summer so it's officially my car :grin:

In August, someone rear ended me on the highway when traffic was coming to a stop and the driver behind me didn't stop in time. They were driving an old Hyundai Santa Fe. Needless to say, I was livid my baby had gotten hit, but luckily the bumper only cracked and my trunk didn't get caved in. The material underneath got bent as well, but all that got fixed.

But yeah! :)

Attachments

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,781 Posts
Welcome to Cruze talk and beautiful Cruze! Those fender benders happen. I would also be turning into the hulk if they hit me.

·
Super Moderator
5,104 Posts
Welcome to Cruze talk and beautiful Cruze! I had a dream about that myself the other day. I pulled out in front of someone too close and they ended up "tapping" me for a sec and since nothing really major we all just kept going w/o even looking at it. Well that don't happen in America. You can tell I am getting my "dream scape" back after a couple of years on a mind altering med.

Anyway welcome and check out the stickies and shoot out any questions

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Welcome.

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome! Looks like we got the exact same car, options and all!

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk!

·
Banned
5,649 Posts
There is a one time only Preferred Participant charge of $10 due for your CRUZE Talk membership paid to me, Eddy CRUZE. I will send you a P.M. and welcome to our club!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks every for the warm welcome! I'll be on the look out if something every happens!

Welcome! Looks like we got the exact same car, options and all!
That's so cool! The only thing I wish this car had was MyLink, but that wasn't available until the 2013 model :\ Other than that, I love my Cruze!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts