Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few changes were made to the forum recently that you guys might want to know about. You may have noticed some of these, but in case you're looking for something and can't find it, I've created this thread so you'd know where to look.

• The "Chevrolet Cruze Pictures" and "Chevrolet Cruze Videos" sections have been merged into "Chevrolet Cruze Media" and moved into the General Discussion forum. The old "Chevy Cruze Media" forum was deleted.
  • The "How-To" section was renamed to "The How-To Library." This was done to make a stronger distinction between the content that should be created there and the rest of the tech sections. It's a place to post tutorials and articles, not a place to ask questions.
  • The "Electronics" section was renamed to "Audio & Electronics" as a great percentage of its contents are related to Audio.
  • The "VIP" forum was deleted. Some of you may not even know it existed.
  • The "Chevy Cruze Reviews" section was deleted and its contents dispersed among the appropriate tech sections.
All of this has been done in an effort to streamline and simplify the forum. More changes are coming, but those will require further discussion. If you have any suggestions that you'd like to see implemented, feel free to let me know in this thread.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
"Congratulations"

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
I thought only approved content could go into the how-to section.

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought only approved content could go into the how-to section.
Only approved content can stay, but we've been having quite a few threads posted in that section. Before I got to it a few weeks ago, there were 6 pages of threads. After I moved out all of the inappropriate content, we ended up with 3 pages of threads, and I've been moving 2 or 3 threads out of there per week.

·
Registered
308 Posts
sounds like a lot of work. Thanks

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
Thanks for making these updates, and congrats on officially becoming the admin! I think the new format will help encourage more and correct forum usage. The stuff at the bottom I'm sure gets ignored by some.

I had no idea the VIP forum existed- where was it?

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for making these updates, and congrats on officially becoming the admin! I think the new format will help encourage more and correct forum usage. The stuff at the bottom I'm sure gets ignored by some.

I had no idea the VIP forum existed- where was it?
It was way toward the bottom, and was only supposed to be visible to premium members who bought a premium account. It was always empty and just took up vertical space, as did a few of the other sections I moved around and closed completely.

I still have a few more ideas for things I want to implement, but I'm not quite ready to make the changes yet. Your comment pointed out the reason why I decided to move some of these sections around and closed others down; the entire site is simply far too long and many people won't scroll all the way down.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
I still have a few more ideas for things I want to implement, but I'm not quite ready to make the changes yet.
If you ever want to bounce your ideas off on someone, I'm glad to review...

·
Super Moderator
5,028 Posts
Only approved content can stay, but we've been having quite a few threads posted in that section. Before I got to it a few weeks ago, there were 6 pages of threads. After I moved out all of the inappropriate content, we ended up with 3 pages of threads, and I've been moving 2 or 3 threads out of there per week.
Thanks for clearing this out, a few times I forgot what I was looking for when "trolling" thru all the pages of "how to"s. Sounds like an episode of "Hoarders" and trying to clean this stuff out. or thowing away old email. Is it good or is it bad.

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
On the issue of how to threads, can you make it to were before the thread will be posted is has to be approved by a moderator.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On the issue of how to threads, can you make it to were before the thread will be posted is has to be approved by a moderator.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Might be able to. I'll look into that once some of the other projects are done.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Is it possible to move my boost gauge how-to over there? Assuming it's good enough anyway.

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More changes made today:

• The Chevy Cruze Regional forum was merged with the "Events and Meets" forum.
  • The "California" sub-forum was merged with the "West" sub-forum due to inactivity and redundancy.
  • The "Events and Meets" forum was renamed to "Events, Meets, & Regional Discussion"
  • The three separate Canada regions were merged into the "Canada" forum due to inactivity.
This was done due to the redundancy between forums and because the regional discussion was at the very bottom of the site, reducing visibility. Since we are all about community, I brought these two sections together toward the top of the page for better exposure.

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
New user ranks are set up! If you still have the old user rank, make a post somewhere and it should update. I've asked the site owner to update everyone's ranks who hasn't yet posted as well as I can't do it. There are 18 total ranks set up now. Let's see who of you can reach those!

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Excellent, I always thought it was odd that afte only 150 posts, I was a veteran.

Hm, I see now that I'm in 6th gear...that had better be the Eco gear!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts