Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I don't use my USB port for my phone or music, it's been sitting unused for nearly three years. Today I plugged my fitbit in and it charged. :)

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I keep a healthy sized MP3 collection on a thumb drive plugged in there. For times I feel like listening to something specific thats not on Sirius/XM at the time.

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have about 40GB of music stored on a 64GB micro SD card on my phone. The problem with Android is that as soon as I plug in the USB port I can no longer use the phone simultaneously for music and navigation. I use the Bluetooth PDIM I installed to solve this so my USB port never gets used.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Music via the USB port is the niftiest feature ever. No more glove boxes or consoles full of CDs or cassettes. No worries about having the media stolen. Flash drives or phones go with us easily. Stuff in the console is also out of sight and the way. Also a convient way to update the navigation system. Some day maybe we'll get more ways to use it.

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Music via the USB port is the niftiest feature ever. No more glove boxes or consoles full of CDs or cassettes. No worries about having the media stolen. Flash drives or phones go with us easily. Stuff in the console is also out of sight and the way.
Load up your USB, set the player to shuffle, and KUSB is on the air!

·
2,254 Posts
Yeah, I keep a ton of songs on a flash drive too. Nothing but crap on the radio these days. I enjoy listening to commercial free music that I picked! :)

Obermd, how do you like your fitbit? I was tossing around the idea of getting one of those.

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've lost 20 lbs in the year and a half since my wife got it for me. I have the Fitbit One which also tracks stairs. I average about 7,000 steps a day but over 25 flights of stairs each day.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I've had a Microsoft Band for the last year. It's encouraged me to do better. Now that the second generation has arrived, the first is getting sold pretty cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I have the jawbone UP. I lost 50lbs in the 2 years since I've had it. Cool invention. I can't wait until they make wearables that can do much more.

I have a 32gb drive that I leave plugged into my USB port. I also have an MP3 CD with a ton of music in the player, but I don't use it a lot. I also have XM, but the sound quality sucks, so I don't listen to it much. I mostly either listen to FM or the USB drive.

I don't understand why GM doesn't add more bluetooth functionality to the car. There should be an app that shows all of the car's OBD data, and it should download info, like gas level via bluetooth. I shouldn't have to pay for onstar to get that, and I shouldn't have to buy a separate OBD scanner when the car already has bluetooth. They should let Apple do their electronics. Then we would have much better functionality.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I loaded my entire music collection onto a flash drive and its plugged into the USB port.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I keep my iPod classic in there. Something like 55gigs. Only problem is that stuff that is considered a "compilation" doesn't come up when searching, but does on shuffle.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I put about 10 gigs of music on a flash...does anyone have the issue of all songs creating a copy that doesn't play? Each song I put on gets a copy like this, ".:Song Title:." but it just skips it when it comes up. Since each song gets a copy, they come up often and it's quite annoying, especially because if I want to search the USB, alphabetically all these come up first. Might be my USB, Sandisk I think?

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I put about 10 gigs of music on a flash...does anyone have the issue of all songs creating a copy that doesn't play? Each song I put on gets a copy like this, ".:Song Title:." but it just skips it when it comes up. Since each song gets a copy, they come up often and it's quite annoying, especially because if I want to search the USB, alphabetically all these come up first. Might be my USB, Sandisk I think?
I use SanDisk Crusers (nearly a dozen, built by genre) and have no problems. I think the source of your problem is how you are building the drive for use in the car. Can you explain your process?

Reactions: sparkman

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I keep my iPod classic in there. Something like 55gigs. Only problem is that stuff that is considered a "compilation" doesn't come up when searching, but does on shuffle.
I think either your songs aren't tagged right, or you've exceeded the number of files the car can handle.

That's one of my projects - get all the tags fixed and add album art. Next step is to even out the volume.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I have over 40 gig in mp3's on my thumb drive without any of these issues.

And I agree SanDisk is the way to go. Went through several other big name brand ones that literally got fried eventually in my Cruze. The SanDisk keep slogging along without any issues in it.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Open Music Folder. CTRL A. CTRL C. Open Sandisk Cruzer. CTRL V. Unplug. Go.
I've guessing it's some "ghost" file that your music system creates. After copying it to the Cruzer, delete everything that's not a MP3, M4A or other music file. I don't think the Cruze can make use of JPGs or any album art that's not in the music file itself.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
The early (2011 - 2013) Cruze audio systems had a limit of 10,000 titles on the USB drive. Don't know if that is still valid, nor do I know if anyone has that many tunes on a single drive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts