Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hard way! Had to add about an inch of coolant a few days ago to bring level up in reservoir. No drips no smells no nothing until yesterday when about a block from home steam came rolling out. Turned out to be the coolant line from the reservoir just broke off sending the sticky stuff all over my engine compartment. Called a local dealer and they said from the description of what happened..plastic connection broke inside the coolant tube, all but the hose itself and maybe some lost coolant would be covered under the 5 year engine warranty, even towing. Hope it goes as they said and feel lucky I still a a few months on the engine warranty.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Does GM still have all the plastic on the water outlet and cooling system on the gen2 motors. I am willing to bet they got rid of the plastic but just wondering.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Does GM still have all the plastic on the water outlet and cooling system on the gen2 motors. I am willing to bet they got rid of the plastic but just wondering.
I haven't taken off the engine cover itself, but most of what I see with it on appears to be rubber into metal lines.

Vehicle Engine Car Auto part City car

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only money I paid was a 14.00 charge for the coolant reservoir hose. Oddly enough the labor, coolant, water outlet replacement and towing was covered. The service rep said this part fails regularly and it depends whether the hose connector fails above the outlet or inside of it, if it's covered under the powertrain warranty. I got lucky, this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts