Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Free WTCC Body kit to offer

17677 Views 62 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  obermd
Hi Buddies.

I am in a project and i wanted to test out the a set of china made WTCC body kit if it is fit the USA Cruze.

Can anyone help on this.

What i need in return is a complete review including images and text content.

More info upon reply.

Regards,
Edwin
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Btw , some changes in the plan:

The body kit will be arrive to US California by around Feb 20th. As changed the mind from DHL shipping to sea shipping. As its save me some bucks.

So there the kit will be shipped around 20th of Feb , 2016 from CA.

· Registered
149 Posts
Hello again,

Is your kit like the ebay post earlier or like this one ...

Aliexpress.com : Buy wholesale and retail Chevrolet Cruze PU side skirt, auto body kit, free shipping from Reliable skirt knit suppliers on Venus-Bumper | Alibaba Group

The eBay one says drilling required and no hardware or template included...

Description:
Ultra Light Weight.
Drilling is required. Drilling Template, Double Sided Tape, and Bolts are not included.

INSTALLATION:
Installation manual is not included.
Professional installation is highly recommended

and the aliexpress has no drilling and includes hardware.

Comes with 4 pcs a set. Including complete hardware.
Please examine the very pictures to make sure it fits your vehicle.

Installation.
Easy installation. Original style. No drilling needed. Just bolt onto the reserved factory holes.

I am interested, I just need a lot more info/details on the kit and your expectations from me.

Thanks.

Adam.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi Adam,

I think the one i have like the aliexpress one.

However, according to the supplier. There are bolt included as seen in the picture below, however i think the drilling is still needed.
Tire Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part

Whole package weight like 5kg.

There come with below items:
1. 4 pcs small body kit set
2. screws , bolts
2. Drilling template , tape is NOT included

Installation:
1. NO manual is included

I dont think the aliexpress one mention no drilling is required in accurate. even the bolt is there , but the front bumpers of cruze doesnt have the hold for the screws i think.

Hello again,

Is your kit like the ebay post earlier or like this one ...

Aliexpress.com : Buy wholesale and retail Chevrolet Cruze PU side skirt, auto body kit, free shipping from Reliable skirt knit suppliers on Venus-Bumper | Alibaba Group

The eBay one says drilling required and no hardware or template included...

Description:
Ultra Light Weight.
Drilling is required. Drilling Template, Double Sided Tape, and Bolts are not included.

INSTALLATION:
Installation manual is not included.
Professional installation is highly recommended

and the aliexpress has no drilling and includes hardware.

Comes with 4 pcs a set. Including complete hardware.
Please examine the very pictures to make sure it fits your vehicle.

Installation.
Easy installation. Original style. No drilling needed. Just bolt onto the reserved factory holes.

I am interested, I just need a lot more info/details on the kit and your expectations from me.

Thanks.

Adam.

· Registered
149 Posts
FYI, I have PM'd inferno0 with a few ??? and info. I will ship to my work or pickup location. No real personal info. Let's see.

Adam

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
You'll have to ask a lawyer about the legality of selling them in the US and Canada. Also, the moderation team has been watching this. If you want to sell more than two or three of these kits here we'll have to ask you to contact AutoGuide and get a Vendor account.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Dear obermd,

Thanks for letting know. :)

I am offering a free kit now. So I think not yet to the vendor section yet.

But surely , I would like to become a vendor when things goes big. :)

Thanks mate.

You'll have to ask a lawyer about the legality of selling them in the US and Canada. Also, the moderation team has been watching this. If you want to sell more than two or three of these kits here we'll have to ask you to contact AutoGuide and get a Vendor account.

· Banned
9,198 Posts
In being a manufacturer for OEM's can work one of two ways, if they pay for the tooling, have exclusive rights to buying your product, if you pay for the tooling can sell it yourself. Find many Chinese vendors on ebay selling directly that paid for their own tooling. This kit appears to be the same way. No longer buy from China, if anything goes wrong, expect you to pay for the shipping back. Even for a low end item you can buy for less than ten bucks, may find shipping it back will cost you over 30 bucks. Not only with China, but other countries as well.

Doubt if you will get better pricing from these vendors and as the shipper will be liable for settling claims due to shipping damage, and as usual will blame your packaging, even though your package was obviously driven over by a truck. To make a living at this, will have to add a markup, so how are you going to be able to compete with the vendor selling directly?

Is this a stupid question? Already tried to sell surplus electronic equipment on ebay that was ran over by a truck, took months of fighting just to get my insured value back, said screw this nonsense. And that money went back to the customer.

· Banned
9,198 Posts
Packaging? We have to send boxes to our poor grandkid stuck in Venuzuela, if I was to send an empty box large enough to hole a stroller, would cost us 400 bucks! Not only weight, but volume is included. What we do ship, worth my while to find a box large enough, then to cut it down to the absolute minimum size, save a small fortune on this. UPS, Fedex, USPS, etc. all want to know the size of the box.

Also has to be packed well so the contend are not damaged, gets to be quite the challenge.

Wonder what idiots came up with deluded anti-freeze? Really have to be careful when reading labels now, but cost almost as much as the real stuff. Shipping costs are extremely expensive.

· Registered
149 Posts
I saw on your other thread that you are bringing the kit to the US first. Would you then ship to Canada from the US. If you are shipping from the US after the Feb 2016 date, I could expect it sometime in March. Sounds right? Can you list the suggested retail price for this? I would like to estimate the duty/taxes. If the kit is no cost to me, less the install and duty/taxes. I will go for. I am in. Let me (and all of us) how this is going to proceed. Thanks.

Adam

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Hi Adam,

Thanks for interested. The kit is going out by Sea on Jan 25th from Hong Kong. And will be arrive California around Feb 20th. From then , i can ship to any US or Canada location.

MSRP we are about to resell is USD 399.99. Which is including the high quality Honeycomb Box. Which dimension is 210x70x30 cm. Weight is around 15kg (estimated)

Edwin

I saw on your other thread that you are bringing the kit to the US first. Would you then ship to Canada from the US. If you are shipping from the US after the Feb 2016 date, I could expect it sometime in March. Sounds right? Can you list the suggested retail price for this? I would like to estimate the duty/taxes. If the kit is no cost to me, less the install and duty/taxes. I will go for. I am in. Let me (and all of us) how this is going to proceed. Thanks.

Adam

· Banned
9,198 Posts
If you can come up with an idea for a new product, get patents on it, and license it out to a major corporation, they with their attorneys will find a way to work around it. Only way you can successfully make that patent work, is to manufacturer itself.

Same holds true with marketing, find a better way, and manufacture it yourself. If another marketer can buy in larger volumes, will squeeze you out. This is exactly how chains operate, build a store in a town, operate at a loss, squeeze out the competition, when they are gone, can up the prices to anywhere they want to.

Just wonder what your plan is to succeed in this venture, have a deep down secret?

· Premium Member
2,987 Posts
If you can come up with an idea for a new product, get patents on it, and license it out to a major corporation, they with their attorneys will find a way to work around it. Only way you can successfully make that patent work, is to manufacturer itself.

Same holds true with marketing, find a better way, and manufacture it yourself. If another marketer can buy in larger volumes, will squeeze you out. This is exactly how chains operate, build a store in a town, operate at a loss, squeeze out the competition, when they are gone, can up the prices to anywhere they want to.

Just wonder what your plan is to succeed in this venture, have a deep down secret?
Nick its china... patent laws to them are like pedestrians must use cross walks at all times sign here in the usa, nobody cares and they are 97% of the time not followed. he could patent and even so he would get copied left and right

· Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for the info. Keep us posted on the progress. We can get all of the shipping details finalized once the product is on US soils. I look forward to being your guinea pig. Cheers.

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for interested. The kit is going out by Sea on Jan 25th from Hong Kong. And will be arrive California around Feb 20th. From then , i can ship to any US or Canada location.

MSRP we are about to resell is USD 399.99. Which is including the high quality Honeycomb Box. Which dimension is 210x70x30 cm. Weight is around 15kg (estimated)

Edwin

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.