Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm Erin. I've had my 13 Cruze Eco for a week now, and I love it! Last saturday I made the decision to trade in my Silverado for my brand new Cruze. It was a TOUGH decision to make, but my priorities changed, and it had to be done. I don't regret it tho, I love my Cruze! Got it with 5 miles on the clock. Great little car, and being 5ft 10in, I was surprised to fit in it comfortably! It was an adjustment going from a Truck (for the last few years I owned Trucks and SUVs), back to a car. But its been a pleasant transition, and I look forward to the savings in insurance and gas I will have with my Cruze compared to my big Chevy truck.

I'm sure ya'll have seen stock photos before, but here is mine! 2013 Chevy Cruze Eco M6 in Crystal Red Tintcoat

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Congrats and welcome to CruzeTalk. The fold down rear seats will help with some of your lost cargo space. I had a similar transition when I got rid of my Pontiac Montana AWD. It was able to haul a queen sized sleeper sofa inside with the tailgate closed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you thank you! yes that fold down seat will come in handy for sure! altho it will be nice not having to haul a lot of stuff, and people.

thanks rmass, its a total 180 with economy and gas money savings for sure. I love it.

I also cant wait to start mildly modding it as well. I can't leave anything stock :D

·
10,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You picked the right trim to get the best mileage. Just don't get into any terrain situation that only a truck can handle and you should be fine. The ECO is just high enough to clear curbs and cement slabs in parking spots.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Congrats and welcome! As other have said excellent model choice and great color! Let the mods begin.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Beautiful Cruze and beautiful pictures! There's just something about a rear quarter shot of a Cruze with splash guards.

Did you get a manual or auto?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
thanks yall. Merc, thankfully enough i dont see too much terrain that only a truck could handle... my silverado was a 2WD with 22's :D a "city truck" as some of my friends called it.

thanks sunline, i appreciate that! and of COURSE i had to get the manual :D

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bowtieguy, the color has really grown on me, coming out of having 4 prior vehicles that were black lol. i must admit, its a great combo. Altho at first i wish i would have held out for the cyber grey, i rather enjoy my crystal red color more and more each day.

yeah ill have to check that manufacture date out tomorrow.

thanks yall for the welcomes, i appreciate it.

First mod coming up is 6k HID's. I'm having a hard time finding a clear sidemarker light.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you so much! that is awesome! im on their site to order... they seem really pricey!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi ChevyAllDay and welcome to CruzeTalk !! Congratulations on your new Cruze. Thanks for the pictures. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you ever have any questions about your Cruze.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was in the exact same situation. I traded in my 09 silverado crew cab with the 5.3 for a 13 cruze LTZ rs.

I do miss the truck as it was a beast especially with the black bear tune installed. But the gas was killing me and I no longer needed a truck.

I do enjoy the cruze! It's a smooth ride but I do want to tune it. When I tuned the truck it was done in person by Justin from black bear. I've heard a lot of good things about trifecta tune but am concerned about the installation.

Anyways hope you enjoy your new ride and the savings on gas !

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thank you CCS, you guys are always a great asset to any GM related forum.

Bob, i definitely miss the truck, i dont miss the expensive gas and insurance bill lol, its safe to say im over it now tho :D

thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
32 Posts
welcome to the forum, I like you was a truck guy and went to a cruze. I traded in my ford super crew FX4. The gas was horrible. Ive had the cruze now for about 2 weeks and I love it. If you want to get really nice HID's for an excellent price check out DDMTuning.com they are excellent and Ive had there HID's on the last 3 vehicles. I have 8k HID's on the cruze. Again welcome to the forum

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
welcome to the forum, I like you was a truck *girl* and went to a cruze. I traded in my ford super crew FX4. The gas was horrible. Ive had the cruze now for about 2 weeks and I love it. If you want to get really nice HID's for an excellent price check out DDMTuning.com they are excellent and Ive had there HID's on the last 3 vehicles. I have 8k HID's on the cruze. Again welcome to the forum
fixed :D

Yeah, ive had it a week this passed saturday, and tho im still adjusting to the car, i love it. not the powerhouse my truck was, but the manual, lightweight, and size of the car make it fun to drive. thanks for the welcomes! yessir, i've had DDMTuning in my bookmarks for a long time :D I had 8k headlight and fog lamps on my truck, with the cruze, im gonna do a 6k set up, just have to have the dealership install my fog lights first.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about trifecta tune but am concerned about the installation.
Install is pretty straight forward - I have done it twice without an issue. There is plenty of support here from the vendors. The tune really helps wake the Cruze up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts