Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have spent many years in the Jap car scene and on related forums. Recently decided to sell my Skyline to make way for a more family friendly car and decided to purchase a 2013 MY14 Sri-V 1.6T.
I am in Australia and they seem to have a pretty decent following here as well as overseas.

So far I am pretty happy with the car, aside from a few minor issues and not quite satisfactory dealership support, but we will see how that goes in the future.

Here's a couple pics.
(guess i can't put the pics in yet due to 0 post count)

Looking forward to making a few improvements as time goes on and I am sure this forum will be able to answer my questions!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am so glad you posted! I can relate. What was unsatisfactory for you? I am looking to switch from the Jap scene to the USA and I am nervous. I just want a great car. I am glad you got to finally post. How is the ride for you compared to your previous cars?
The only reason I sold my old car was to make way for a baby seat! 2 door coupes aren't very baby friendly =)

It's really hard to compare the two, very different cars for completely different purpose.

My wife has a Ford Focus Trend 2015, I find the cruze is a bit of a compromise between the focus and the skyline. It has a bit better performance and stiffer ride than the focus, but nothing like a purpose built sports car, the cruze also has more boot space. (Both are hatch back). I'm still learning how to get the best drive from the cruze, as in which gear to drop back to and how high to get the rpm up to when i need to sink the boot in, the skyline was a lot easier as it had a lot more power (180rwkw vs about 100fwkw) but most days i'm just commuting to work so the power is mostly irrelevant.

Just be sure to write down the most important aspects you need in a new car and test drive as many as possible. I spent about 2 months or so visiting dealerships driving cars, think i drove around 15. The other main contenders were a Subaru Liberty GT Premium and Skoda Octavia RS.
Take your time and be sure to be happy with the switch, I still really miss the skyline and want another when my situation permits, but for now I am happy with my choice of the cruze. Only thing is it feels like it was designed for people bigger than me (i'm 175cm and 70Kg) so the lumber support is in the wrong place and cant be moved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts