Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks! Posted a couple of days ago when I was looking to now being an owner. Got a couple hundred miles or so on it and have no regrets. My initial concerns are pretty much erased. The Premier trim level is a good place to be. The LT hatch I drove left me scratching my head and wondering. It had a lot of things I liked so far as hatches go (cargo, comfort, etc.) but the numb, dead, lifeless, zombie, reanimated, "who designed this?" feeling of the steering left me doubtful :dizzy:.

When I test drove the hatch there was a nice black sedan I kept eyeballing that was sitting next to it. Hmmm...after more "research" (because that's what we call it when we are confused and don't know what the heck we want) I figured I should give it a go.

From what I had read and what another member (jblackburn) had said I was hopeful that the premier's different steering ratio mixed with the 17" wheels and upgraded rear end suspension would have a different feeling. And surprisingly they do. It's still "numb" but not so much so. I'd say it's just super light and just a tad more weight to the feel would be perfect. For steering feel. It still "wallows" in corners from initial impressions.

I'm glad I haven't taken it up in the mountains just yet because these last two days I've had to learn the gas pedal...mashing it? Wrong! Steady "roll on"? Good! It's been a good couple of days getting the feel of it. It's a pretty quick little car once you figure it out. I think I'll be quite happy with it...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Congrats and Welcome! :goodjob:

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,487 Posts
Glad you're happy with it so far! I think I would probably like the compromise between the ride quality of 17"s and handling. The 18"s on mine (RS package Premier) look beautiful, but there's so little rubber on them that you feel EVERYTHING from the road. Could just be the tires too; I know I won't be buying these Michelins again. Handling is decent, but like you said, you feel nothing from the steering when it starts to let go. My 2012 wore 16's and had the best ride quality of anything I've owned, but on the stock tires, handling left a lot to be desired when pointed at corners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts