Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to replace the front right fender and lower bumper? I had some one hit me in a car park and do a runner. Bumper has cracks and a hole so well need to be replaced and the fender is warped.

I don't mind getting the parts and doing it myself, just looking for people who knows how hard it is to get the on and off? Any major issues?

I will post photos later today

·
Registered
543 Posts
Its not that hard (bolts, clips, and push pins), but you'd be lucky to find parts in color. Most of the time junkyards won't break up complete front cuts.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I had an ebay seller from mid michigan that would paint to match fenders and bumpers. First set I received color didnt match and they had me send a sample of my old part with paint and sent new set that matched.

Gus is right on the junkyards. Have to buy the whole front clip.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I just had a mishap with my bumper and an idiot in a truck with a trailer hitch. I found someone on Ebay (mbiauto) that had the front bumper painted to match for $254 w/free shipping. I know, sounds too good to be true. I gave them the paint code for Summit White and a bumper showed up at my door in just under two weeks. I am installing it this weekend if the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Check this link first. http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/145-...ls/13403-how-remove-disemble-front-cover.html This is what I am going to be using when I attempt my disassemble. Also, if you look at the screw holes on the new bumper it also gives you a sense of what all you need to find when you're under there. The only bad part are the clips at the very ends of the bumper BUT I am not too worried if I break one since the bumper won't be going back on. If you need anything outside of that, just let me know. If you don't have one already, the tools to remove interior pieces and clips are invaluable when it comes to gently removing anything!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts