Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed that the front bumper of my 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ looks like it's a shade off from the rest of my car, and it's driving me nuts! Has anyone else experienced this, and is there anyway that it can be fixed? Thanks!

Attachments

·
2,170 Posts
Wow the first picture in the sun makes it pretty visible even on camera.

You can use the same method that I use to deal with imperfections like stone chips. Don't wash it, eventually the whole thing looks horrible, but at least it's even.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
If you look around at other cars (with a detailers eye......I do) you will notice that no car has facias that match the rest of the car with the exception of black......with black you notice a different way the paint lays out.

Anyways, two reasons (for new, undamaged cars):
1. The facias are painted at the facility that molds them.....they come to the assembly plant already painted.
2. Facias are plastic and paint shades dry differently on plastic as opposed to steel.

I am still amazed they get the color match as close as they do......sometimes, spot on, sometimes, rather noticeable.

When refinishing is required due to a accident, body shops go insane trying to get the colors close since the customer will be looking at the repair far closer than they ever looked at the car prior to the incident that required the paint work.
Most body shops have pre printed disclaimers explaining why the facia match may be a shade off just to reduce the verbal beating they put up with.

To the OP: your shade difference is minimal and rather common on white when the light is strong. Look at others as carefully as you are looking at yours.....you'll pick up on it.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,040 Posts
Pretty normal. As Robby said - different material, so potentially a different primer, and painted at a different place.

Looks about the same as my Cobalt and Volt (both Summit White) - only really noticeable in certain lighting conditions.

Reactions: mikestony

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yah, to just concur with what was said above, my car is black, 2012, and I noticed the slight difference too. I was pissing up a rope when I brought it to the dealers attention and just learned to live with it.

Now, 5 years later, the front bumper is sandblasted with roadrash, so it's a total non-issue now :D

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,532 Posts
Look at a silver, blue, or white Toyota some time - their paint matching is just horrible between plastic and metal parts. The paint quality on modern ones is just horrid as well.

It's fairly typical across the industry, but definitely noticeable more on some specific cars or colors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts