Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly I've been in an accident last week Friday afternoon, no injuries, the other driver cut me off (he was turning left from the opposite traffic, green light on me). I tried to avoid him by steering right combined with breaking which was a good call. The good news is the airbags did not deployed and I don't see any other damages besides front bumper being broken, the hood is slightly bended/pushed on the right hinge. The car is drivable and engine runs smooth, no DTC codes. The other vehicle's damage is the rear right wheel damaged and body dent, he was spinning half way due to impact.
Now the insurance assessor will give me his verdict soon, I really hope they will fix it because there is nothing else damaged besides the bumper replacement and to fix the hood hinge. Looking for possible options/advices in my situation, car has 163,000km which is ok for a diesel, really hard to find same one in my area and I'd love to keep it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
They are not bad to switch out bumpers at all.. make sure you look at the bumper support (its the steel part that is under plastic... not sure what it is officially called) to make sure it didn't get damaged.. those are vital to being straight for protection. they have crumple built in so it is a good chance it smooshed a little. easy to change and not to expensive.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are not bad to switch out bumpers at all.. make sure you look at the bumper support (its the steel part that is under plastic... not sure what it is officially called) to make sure it didn't get damaged.. those are vital to being straight for protection. they have crumple built in so it is a good chance it smooshed a little. easy to change and not to expensive.
that's the impact bar you're referring to, it's #7 in the diagram below:
Vertebrate Font Line Naval architecture Slope

I'm waiting now for the insurance adjuster to release his estimate, hope they will replace the bumper, the impact bar and to repair the hood hinges.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,894 Posts
I just put this together for myself. I looked up a 2014 Cruze, so there may possibly be some minor differences, but for the most part the part numbers should be good.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just put this together for myself. I looked up a 2014 Cruze, so there may possibly be some minor differences, but for the most part the part numbers should be good.
this is great, much appreciated Blasirl!
many items can be recovered from the original bumper, like the two fog LED lights, the chevy logo sign and the two side orange lights. Not sure about the ambient temperature sensor if it's still functional.

·
Registered
183 Posts
that's the impact bar you're referring to, it's #7 in the diagram below:
View attachment 299613

I'm waiting now for the insurance adjuster to release his estimate, hope they will replace the bumper, the impact bar and to repair the hood hinges.

yep impact bar..... im known to use thingy to describe things all the time..lol

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great news, they're going to replace my front bumper so I'm going to keep my little cruze so far!

Reactions: MP81
1 - 8 of 8 Posts