Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My name is Justin and I'm obviously not very good at putting coilovers on. My friend and I decided we would put coilovers on the Cruze, as its one of the last mods I feel like I need. I bought five8 industry coilovers. The front was not as easy as we'd hoped. Every time we set it down, we would have a metal-on-metal contact that would create a HUGE gap and obviously this isn't right. I've taken the liberty to come to the forum as I'm completely out of options. I've posted 3 pictures to help explain what's happening, and my idea of a possible solution. #1 is the top of the new coilovers, #2 is my old set with the rubber top hat i assume i have to remove and put on the new ones, and #3 is the huge gap its causing because it's clearly missing something. I would've tried doing this myself but after 9 hours we had to call it quits and I decided I'd stop here before trying something else. I'm completely out of options, if anyone knows someone who can help, or knows how to fix this problem please let me know. Only looking for help, not looking for the "should've taken it to a professional" comments I constantly see when people are looking for a helping-hand, I know that now LOL.

Plant Gas Electric blue Stuffed toy Fashion accessory

Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Gas Engineering Rim
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light Car

·
Premium Member
2011 1.4L T LTZ RS
3,193 Posts
Maybe the threads that screw into the bottom perch need to be adjusted further thats weird but never seen these type of coilovers on the cruze yet so I cant even suggest another post to look at!

·
Registered
2011 1.4L 2LT 6A
89 Posts
Hello everyone,
My name is Justin and I'm obviously not very good at putting coilovers on. My friend and I decided we would put coilovers on the Cruze, as its one of the last mods I feel like I need. I bought five8 industry coilovers. The front was not as easy as we'd hoped. Every time we set it down, we would have a metal-on-metal contact that would create a HUGE gap and obviously this isn't right. I've taken the liberty to come to the forum as I'm completely out of options. I've posted 3 pictures to help explain what's happening, and my idea of a possible solution. #1 is the top of the new coilovers, #2 is my old set with the rubber top hat i assume i have to remove and put on the new ones, and #3 is the huge gap its causing because it's clearly missing something. I would've tried doing this myself but after 9 hours we had to call it quits and I decided I'd stop here before trying something else. I'm completely out of options, if anyone knows someone who can help, or knows how to fix this problem please let me know. Only looking for help, not looking for the "should've taken it to a professional" comments I constantly see when people are looking for a helping-hand, I know that now LOL.

View attachment 295717

View attachment 295715 View attachment 295716
The Five8 coilovers that are offered for the cruze look different...

Are you accidentally putting on the rear strut? Did you buy the wrong set? The ones you have seem kinda wack.

Blue Sleeve Font Aqua Electric blue

·
Registered
289 Posts
The Five8 coilovers that are offered for the cruze look different...

Are you accidentally putting on the rear strut? Did you buy the wrong set? The ones you have seem kinda wack.

View attachment 295759
These pictured ones are NOT for the Cruze. The Cruze have no camber adjustment plate.

I have these and havent put them on yet. You have to take the top part (Mount) off the old strut off and put them on the new ones. Make sure you dont add the metal part on the bottom of the mount. I added a picture of the bottom of the mount. I bought new ones so I didnt have to mess with the old struts.
Automotive tire Wood Cameras & optics Camera lens Circle

Coil spring Gas Auto part Audio equipment Electronic device

·
Premium Member
2012 LS, 6MT, Topaz Blue, ECO wheels
270 Posts
These pictured ones are NOT for the Cruze. The Cruze have no camber adjustment plate.

I have these and havent put them on yet. You have to take the top part (Mount) off the old strut off and put them on the new ones. Make sure you dont add the metal part on the bottom of the mount. I added a picture of the bottom of the mount. I bought new ones so I didnt have to mess with the old struts.
View attachment 295760
View attachment 295761
I'm trying to find the part number for the hat and I can't find it, could you help me out?

·
Registered
5 Posts

View attachment 295760
View attachment 295761
[/QUOTE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts