Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I am in the process of a summer project of updating with aftermarket speakers. Does anyone know if the front tweeter speaker grills just pop out to access the original stock tweeters. I don't want to start prying and looking for clips if they are not there. I cannot find any video or literature in relation to this.
Thanks.....Viper_007

·
Registered
443 Posts
Curious about this too for a similar project down the road. I'm sure it's just pop clips but definitely take it slow. I have removed the dash vent and that had was a press in tabs so they might have done the same for the speaker grille. If you have a small set of picks or hobby screwdrivers I'd start there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Lamantman,
Just spoke with my son-in-law who works in auto body professionally. He has yet to work on an interior of a gen 2 cruze. He also says I won't find any literature or vids as they are still so new. There is definitely a lip around the grill and I can lift it with my finger nail. It feels like it is seperating from the dashboard. He said to look inside the grill to see if I can see any screw mounts for the speaker itself. If that is the case, then he thinks it should pop up. Like you said and he agrees, use either a precision flat head screwdriver or even better yet a plastic pry tool. It is still to cool here in the atlantic provinces of Canada and I will have to wait for some warmer weather so I don't crack any of the moldings.
Cheers ...Viper.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Check Crutchfield - they have really good info for audio stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check Crutchfield - they have really good info for audio stuff.

I found my own answer out. Weather got nice and mild. Took a few tools out and got a very nice surprise. Top grills do pop out. Access to speaker mount screw very easy to get at. Pictures to follow. Thanks folks for your ideas and input. Cheers.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts