Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Backstory:The car was recently purchased by me and was in a major accident shortly after being purchased by me ,repair shop replaced 1 cv axle,engine cradle,control arm,wheel,etc(have list of all parts,can't find right now)

I got my car back from the repair shop I think 2 weeks ago and everything was fine with it until I believe 4 days ago.I heard a knock coming from the front end a few times on my drive home when turning and the knock is now apparent whenever I take a turn in either direction.I also noticed later that same day that my front end was creaking when turning the steering wheel although that wasn't happening earlier in the day when the knock was present and also hasn't happened since.I went back to the repair shop to see if they could find what was causing the knock and even though they heard it when driving around the parking lot, when they put it on a lift to look at it apparently it wouldn't knock at all when they turned the steering wheel back and forth(so it only occurs when the suspension,etc. is under load I suppose).Also the knock is only present in a certain steering wheel position(example:I turn right and it knocks,I can turn the steering wheel left an inch and when I turn the wheel an inch to the right again it will knock).
Any thoughts as to what it could be?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts