Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,016 Posts
I suppose it's possible that the parking and turn signal wires are shorting together. (As opposed to being swapped.) You can try replacing the socket, but I'm not taking bets on it fixing it.

·
Premium Member
8,016 Posts
Yeah, that's the problem. The parking light is going to the bright filament, while the blinker is going to the dim filament. The question is - why? It strikes me as unlikely it left the factory that way. That's why the suggestion to look for any signs that the wiring had been messed with.

Although, I suppose a simple fix is to cut off the socket and put a new one on - with the leads reversed.

With the old-style bulbs with the baynet mount, it was possible to put it in backwards. (I've done it.) But I think in this case the "outer" pair of leads is one filament while the "inner" pair is the other. The bulb can be plugged in either way and it still connects the same way.

You've already swapped bulbs, so it can't be something weird with the bulb itself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.