Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Front Struts for 2011 RS sport suspension

2292 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  pbeyer2010
Hi all,

I am having a hard time finding a standalone strut or complete quick strut assembly to replace my original 2011 LT RS sport front suspension. I already made the mistake of assuming the standard strut would work , ordered it and found out they are way too tall. Anyone replace these ?

Thanks,
Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
There's all kinds of stand alone or pre assembled struts for these. Pretty sure the only difference between the standard strut vs the RS strut is it's a slightly "lower" ratioed compression. I swapped out my '15 ltz rs for kyb excel g's and vogtland springs. When you say they're too tall are you saying they won't compress enough to fit into the assembled housing(strut, spring, strut mount)?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Pretty much all part searches I have done including the attached from gm parts direct specify that the part will not work with sport suspension.

I ordered a set of eBay complete struts that were for a 1.4l LT. I put them on the car, let it off the jacks and the front of the car stood a good 2-3” taller like you would see with a leveling kit on a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.